post replypost new topic
How Can I Find Out If My Niece Doing Heroin?

Posted: September 8, 2014, 2:46 PM
I've never been close to my niece, she's 24 years old. Lately my brother (her dad) calls and tells me that she is acting strange. Quiet, not calling as much, dresses in ALL black, has mood swings. She called my brother up to say she was very depressed and my brother is so clueless. Recently she went to NYC and stayed in a heroin infested area (Greenwich Village) with a gay friend of hers and she plans on returning. When my brother went to pick her up at the airport she was very quiet in the car and he told me she's gay and recently broke up with her girlfriend, which I was not surprised about, I knew she was gay. I'm sitting here watching her favorite show "BREAKING BAD" and there is a scene in it where the woman doing the heroin looks so much like her!!! I had a vision, and realized SHE MAY BE doing HEROIN, but I never speak with her. Bro tells me she rarely calls except to ask for a loan, money, etc. She supposedly worked in a restaurant for a bit, then supposedly Amazon in the Warehouse. She's planning to go back to NYC and live there. Brother is telling me she wears all black, only stays up at night, and sleeps all day and when he calls her out of the blue, she answers tired and out of it. But then she will call out of the blue and ask him for money, or whatever. I have no contact with her at all. My brother and I have recently taken up talking again and it's been a few months and little by little he is telling me about her, and her new habits, that she never calls, has tantrums, etc. Could she be doing heroin. Brother also said she had a huge fight with 2 of her roommates and punched one in the face. Can anyone tell me what I can do????? Thanks! Harrybs

This post has been edited by Harrybs1 on September 8, 2014, 2:49 PM

Posted: September 8, 2014, 3:14 PM
Hi

Welcome to the site. Truly hope you get the advise that you need on here.

Here is my bit: it might possibly be that she suffers more from depression. But the best advise you can probably give your brother is to let her go. Let her know that he is there for her but no more money unless she can show what she does with the money. Because as it sounds like she struggle to keep a job and pay her own way and the best out come is daddy who keep on providing.

Tough love is the only way. If he keeps it up and she truly is into some kind of drug, it will not stop until he removes himself from giving her money and let her hit her own rock bottom and ask for help.

All of the best
x

Posted: September 13, 2014, 8:44 PM
lilly is right, maybe he can ask her or have a intervention and have a few more people she can trust and ask her. dressing in black tells me that shes eighter goth living in the villaage in new york thats a place where anyting can happen. breaking up with her girlfriend can be making her depressed and she may need medication for it. i can say that if you see her and spend time with her and shes nodding out or sratching alot especailly her face. thats a sign of herion. look at her arms see if theres any track marks on her. if shes shooting it you will be able to see the scares on her veins. the only thing i would be worried about is if she does have a addiction shes going to need help getting off of it, or shes going to have to do it everyday if shes addicted to it. losing weight fast, not eating, seculding not talking feeling sleepy. there all signs but there signs of depression to.
I wish you the best and i hope if she is using that she doesnt start doing things for money to get high because youll do anything to get it because once your addicted you need it everyday... people do bad things to get money things they would never do. steal from their family and friends you need to be careful if shes at your house and you have jewlery where she can get at it. she will end up stealing it.
these are the things i did, i was fortunite to have a savings acct and this past realasp didnt take long for me to clean out eight thousand dollars down the freakin drain. good luck...and god bless
post replypost new topic