post replypost new topic
A Little Poem/story

Posted: August 14, 2014, 5:09 PM
Alone I wake sweaty and sick
I won't get better without this prick
With the poke of this needle I know I'll be well
at the same time it brings me closer to hell
This drug right here has taken so much it's ruined my life and all I once touched
With every snort of this drug or stab of a vein it just brings more and more pain
The life I once had is now long done
Being an addict is what I've become
A distant memory of what used to be fun
snorting the drug will take the sickness away but nothing will bring me back to that day
I am now just a troubled soul and it seems like nothing can make me whole

Thank you all for reading. Let me know what you think please.
Lily101

Posted: August 16, 2014, 10:37 AM
Hi Mass_biker

Thank you for that. It is intense and yet true.
I have been sober now for 3 years and still have bad days that I just want to go back to my old ways. But I have worked so hard to get through these 3 years that I cannot go back or willing to loose for what I have worked hard for.

All of the best and keep it up with the poems

Posted: August 16, 2014, 11:08 AM
Hi

I'd like to contribute to this post. I'd been on heroin, got onto methadone starting 50ml i reduced at 5ml monthly got to 13ml i took my last doseage, 3 weeks ago. It's saved my life.

All those people whom dismisses methadone, I understand why. An addict will do anything for a hit. Including shoplifting, stealing, lies its a hectic lifestyle.

Methadone can bring a sense of peace and stability. Allowing other psychological issues to be addressed and treated. Sensible reducement in medication is most certainly advised. I stuck with the site - ive nearly reached my first month - methadone free!!

Its uncomfortable but not impossible. Symptoms may include sweats, chills, restlessness specially in the legs. Sleep problems, nausea, vomiting, irritability, low concentration levels and seizures in worst cases. Methadone is not to be played at high dosages. Its dangerous and you can die. REDUCEMENT IS KEY.

Nice poem very true words
Suspect

--------------------
GOD SAVE BASS GENERATOR records.
Lily101

Posted: August 16, 2014, 11:20 AM
Congrats with the month sober Suspect!!!

Posted: August 16, 2014, 11:39 AM
Hi lilly

Thanks alot. It's great not being dominated by methadone.

Freeeee at last!!!

Take care
Suspect

--------------------
GOD SAVE BASS GENERATOR records.

Posted: August 16, 2014, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the kind words. Keep up the good fight
post replypost new topic