post replypost new topic
Just To Intoduce Myself And Say Hello!

Posted: January 28, 2014, 2:50 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to this website so I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself!! I am a 27 year old female and I live in London, England. I have been smoking heroin since I was 21 and managed to quit with the aid of Suboxone when I was 23. Unfortunately after 6 months clean I relapsed and have been dependant on heroin ever since. I have now decided to get my life back again and quit yet again, hopefully for good this time. I'm using Subutex this time round, which I actually prefer to Suboxone due to the taste. As I have disconnected myself with my old smoking buddies I thought that being able to speak with like minded people on this website would greatly aid my recovery so, here I am!! So that's me, hello, nice to meet you all and I look forward to getting to know some of you better and hopefully helping others on their individual road to recovery!!

Much love.

xXx

--------------------
Chase A Dream; Not The Dragon

Posted: January 29, 2014, 10:43 PM
Welcome 13, it's been a bit quiet lately, but keep checking back and while you wait for replies read around the board...lots of great posts here, on the methadone board, and also on the pain pills board...opiates are opiates and they know your struggle, too.

I'm the mother of a recovering H addict, now 26 and clean 4 years. There was a time I thought for sure she'd die from it either accidentally or deliberately, but she made it out and so have many others. Go you and noce to meet you =)

Peace ~ MomNMore

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: January 30, 2014, 8:26 AM
Hi thirteen and welcome to the board. I myself are new here too. My DOC is codeine but have also had issues with benzo's and oxy's. Have been struggling with addiction for around ten years. Am a 37yr old female. I post on the pain pills board.

Keep coming back, the people here know what they are talking about, your not alone.

Bec

Posted: January 30, 2014, 4:56 PM
Welcome 13 and aussiegirl,
This is indeed a great site and I welcome you. I read your account on the pain pill board aussiegirl and I know just how you feel trying to do the withdrawal thing by yourself. My DOC was heroin and I never was able to do it myself. My salvation was/is methadone and I have 20 yrs clean behind me. Just know it is OK to ask for some help, I know anxiety was a big deal for me. If I had used some sort of anxiety meds, with CLOSE doctor supervision, I may have made it, I don't know. Cold turkey can be the pits unless you are in a recovery program somewhere. I actually had almost 5 years clean ( after detoxing in jail) and with AA assistance those were good years. But I relapsed. I couldn't do it alone again. Left to our own device it never seems to work out well. I chose methadone and that has worked for me. Good luck to you, I am rooting for you, you will make it!!!

Hi 13. I am glad you found this site it is a great place to come for support and to vent. Please go to the suboxone board too. They are a good bunch and more in tune to what you are doing.

and of course you are welcome here as well.

granny

This post has been edited by Granny2 3 on January 30, 2014, 5:01 PM

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]

Posted: January 30, 2014, 10:44 PM
Hi thirteen.
I'm Mark and smoked the last of my heroin just about four weeks ago.
Up until a couple years ago, I didn't know you could smoke this stuff.
I always injected it. (when I was active with heroin, which was many years ago and then here the last few years.
Actually, that's not true, in S.E. Asia during the Vietnam conflict we'd smoke it on the pot. But it was pure and the minute the flame hit it, it just disappeared into the pot in the bong.

But that didn't seem to work well here in the states with the heavily cut Mexican black tar stuff. I wasted a bunch trying, before giving in to the needle. That was back in 1974 as I recall. It all transpired in an hour or two, just an hour off the plane back from Thailand after my third trip over there. No, that was after my second tour...
After my third tour, a different set of circumstances took place.
But that's a long story and a long time ago.

Looks like you're set on getting clean. I hear that suboxone stuff works if you're committed and do it right.
I always just do a modified cold turkey. You know, usually some benzos, mostly just over the counter stuff like Benadryl.
But once I start vomiting, there's no point in taking anything of course. Luckily for me that only lasts like 12 hours.

Hmm. Not sure why I felt the need to write those first two paragraphs. Not sure how it helps you. haha Anyway, there it is.

To try to pull this post together, let me say opiates in all their forms have caused me untold grief over the years. If you let it, it will do the same for you. Or just kill you.
I'm lucky. Seriously lucky.

So I'm rooting for you. Wish I had asserted my own will over myself many years ago.
Better late than never. lol

You'd do well to go to meetings, get a spiritual advisor, whatever works for you.
It's a sign of strength, not weakness to ask for help with this issue.

Time for a change for you. Can you think what that change might be? I'll bet not.
Anyway, welcome! You'll find some great help here. I did.
M

This post has been edited by MainlyMark on January 30, 2014, 10:45 PM
post replypost new topic