|
RECOMMEND A RESOURCE
|
HOME

Dating 2 Yr Sober Alcoholic
Ashylnn Moore
Posted: March 9, 2012, 1:36 PM

Makeart.not_war@yahoo.com

Hi, I am looking for advice on dating a 2 yr sober alcoholic. we've been talking since December and i feel i am ready to date him. He doesnt talk about it. We go on dates and things are great. Some weeks I get calls from him everyday. Then other weeks I have to call him and we only talk like 3 times that week. During these times that he seems distant its like he doesnt care if we hang out or not.

Does this have to do with his disease?

If so is the best method to 1) not get mad of his actions or inactions in this case and 2) be patient with him about dating and dont pressure him?

Thanks,
Ashlynn
Posted: March 11, 2012, 4:04 AM

I know in AA they suggest that you dont get involved in a relationship for awhile- but I really dont know much about the whole process-
Is he going to those meetings?- Maybe hes tryin to take things slow and he is reluctant to get involved too quickly- -?

Being as their are not a whole lot of 12steppers on this board, let me suggest that you copy and paste this to the Alcohol board. They probably have the most 12 steppers over there. Being as his drug of choice is Alcohol, they might be able to relate more.
I know a drug, is a drug..etc.. but they have more success in the rooms then most

Not blowin ya off here, just pointing you in the direction that could give ya the best advise-
best
jack

This post has been edited by jackofhartzz on March 11, 2012, 11:20 AM

--------------------
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
— Hunter S. Thompson[COLOR=blue]
Posted: March 13, 2012, 2:51 PM

I was going to advice as "Jack" already has the alcohol board. Just wanted to add I have heard dating while in early recovery can be bad. 2 years is not real early recovery he may be ready hard to say with just the info in front of me to go on. I do know in my own recovery sometimes the presure of a relationship is too much.

--------------------

The junk merchant doesn't sell his product to the consumer, he sells the consumer to the product. He does not improve and simplify his merchandise. He degrades and simplifies the client.
  top of page  Top