next >  post replypost new topic
Home Remedies For Heroin Withdrawal
ash

Posted: April 19, 2010, 10:15 AM
I am battling to completely stop using due to everytime my withdrawal gets so bad i end up using again. Its like a never ending cycle of pain and misery. I would like to know if anybody knows a home remedy that will help me sleep and also one that will help with the sweats. Ive been through treatments many times and have used subutex and Physeptome in the past but i can't break my mother's heart once more by telling her i need medication again... please has anybody got any suggestions

Posted: April 19, 2010, 6:57 PM
Ash, I think you need to be brave and go get the medication. Your mother will survive the news. You are wanting to get better which is a huge step in the right direction and she should be proud of you for that.

You need professional help and all of the support that you can get from professionals, from NA, from anywhere healthy. It sounds like you've been trying to do it on your own for far too long. You need the support.

Take care and let us know how you go.

Rachel :)

Posted: April 19, 2010, 10:09 PM
Hey Ash, the sleeplessness seems to be the worst of all symptoms. There really isn't much you can do except try to exercise as much as you can stand, even if you've got the rattles. The inability to sleep can last up to six weeks, though you'll get a little more shut-eye each week. Your brain is trying everything it can to make you use again...it's playing a little game to see which of you can hold out longer.

And Rachel makes a good point, there is not one thing wrong with being on medication if you are ready to get and stay clean...it takes most people a lot of attempts before they get clean.

Peace ~ MomNMore

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image
DEBBIE

Posted: April 21, 2010, 7:42 AM
i have two kids on herion, i have started treatment on one for now,
I got sleeping table adn suptex from doctor,

best advise , find a friend/ damily/ loved one who is prepared to walk the walk with you.

yesterday my daughter's pains started, believe me it hard to watch her suffer and you can do nothing much, BUT
i was there from bed time till 4am this morning , encouraging her to hold out there, rubbing her legs , giving her tablets.
It is a stressful thing for them to go through.
but with a loving supporting person to comfort them theyCAN help them get through it
and the helping hand from above.

i tell her we are going to get that devil out of her body but he is going to fight us, so she must fight back as she wants to get off.

good luck to those who have the guts to try get off. dont give up YOU CAN BEAT THAT DEMON, FIGHT HIM OUT

Posted: April 21, 2010, 2:19 PM
If it was just sleeplessness ,it would be fine- -you could kick back relax and watch the late show.- -but> its the horrible way you feel all thru the night, the cold ,clammy feeling - your body twitching - waves of hot and cold flashes.
The stomach is in knots- your eyes are red and aching from being awake ,and your stressed out, exhausted,& weak from running back and forth to the bathroom

The mental agony is the worst of all- -your friggin brain hurts from trying to figure a way out of the mess you got yourself into.Your thinking -is this ever going to get better- ? The sun rises and you still feel the same horrible way, except now your sleep deprived- and the cycle begins again.......
Now what? Now you have to convince yourself not to go out and do what you gotta do to feel better, Against all odds ,your going to tell yourself - well thats 1 day ,I wonder how much misery and how much worse Im going to feel all day into the night?? Sure you can take hot baths & different vitamin combos -maybe even melitonin- -but this is heroin we,re talking about,- home remedies will only go so far.....

If it was up to me - I would use the medical help and sound advise that is readily
available to you from your sub doctor,,Throw in a meeting with your therapist or find a group near you ,so your mind is busy thinking "stay clean" while your on the medicine-- *

Thats just me- its 2010, the addict who really wants to get clean ,shouldnt be made to suffer ---why?? So you never forget whats it like??
You probably already knew what is was like kickin dope- but it didnt matter

We know how ya feel- take care of yourself .

In the end,others will understand that your doing what you have to do . When your clean awhile ,it will show and any heart you think you broke will heal when they see ya living a different life- -so what if it took medical assistance

find peace* *
best,
jack

--------------------
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
— Hunter S. Thompson[COLOR=blue]

Posted: April 21, 2010, 4:21 PM
Dear Lord I've pushed all those symptoms out my pea brain.

Ash, I'm so sorry you're suffering. If there was a magic spell I'd cast it on ya.

One thing I do recall is kicking is easier when it's cooler out. Now is the time to do it. Come summer you'll suffer worse.

Take the good advice of those who posted before me.

***Oh yeah get in between something. Like wedge yourself between say a bookcase and a bureau. Something sturdy. Kind of cacoon yourself. That helps. Keeps ya still. Ya may even cactch a wink. One wink, but it's something.***

Hang in there, sugar. If we did it so can you.

Posted: April 21, 2010, 4:33 PM
Not so long ago i was lying on the floor soaked in sweat singing the junkie hymn

--------------------
lifes a picture you got to paint it colourful

Posted: April 21, 2010, 4:38 PM
Y'know the one PLEASE GOD PLEASE JUST GET ME THROUGH THE NIGHT. Vomiting shaking cramps the whole gang

--------------------

Posted: April 21, 2010, 4:43 PM
Lets just say im an equal oppertunities addict Methadone heroin Valium Zimovane but Methadone& Valium are my biggies

--------------------

Posted: April 21, 2010, 4:50 PM
I kinda made it through the rest but Methadone is the thing thats keeping me clean crazy but true.Dont suffer if you dont have to

--------------------

Posted: April 21, 2010, 4:55 PM
Its not for everyone but its helping me. Other than that lots of water hot baths soup if you can eat,& a good friend

--------------------

Posted: April 23, 2010, 10:51 AM
A good GP helps
My man kicked Methadone couldn't kick the gear but is now managing to be 4 days clean each week. Scoring once a week and going over his bud on the other days. His GP is giving him sleepers and a few valium to take the edge off and he's managing clean time. He's going back into detox in a few weeks he's not on much H but this time it's more for the head stuff.

--------------------
[COLOR=blue]

Stay Strong

Posted: April 23, 2010, 5:15 PM
The best home remedies for heroin withdrawal is TIME!!

Posted: October 26, 2014, 2:34 PM
Great information. Thanks for the post.

--------------------
192.168.l.l
joeb110

Posted: January 5, 2015, 6:00 AM
The best thing to know is that it does get better in time, I've had on and off addictions and the withdrawals do really suck but knowing that it does go away really helps. Exercise if your able to, healthy meals, rest and vitamins will also go a very long way especially if you have to quit cold turkey. I did all those things without suboxone and my withdrawals were over in less than 3 days
justamom

Posted: July 13, 2015, 1:26 PM
Idk if anyone can help me...My son's going threw horrible withdrawls!
I'm scared and don't know what to do ;((((
mitch

Posted: July 21, 2015, 4:16 PM
I kicked it almost a year ago. I used immodium but you need to take close to 20 of them.I know what your think you won't be able to poop but depending on your withdrawals it might be good. Immodium does have a lil bit of opiotsin them. It helps get threw the worst of it
Brie

Posted: July 23, 2015, 7:45 PM
4 days in for the lost count how many times ...Imodium does help as well as NyQuil and nauzine pills all over the counter. Don't worry about not pooping because of the Imodium that's a blessing trust me. If u can get ahold of Dramamine that's a huge help. I wish I had something for the sweats that's the one thing that gets me every time.
I wish I had a cure for the horrendous thoughts and the torture ones own mind does but as of now I got nothing. I would love someone to give some advice for the night sweats and the legs crawlies. I don't think the cravings ever go away ever nothing even time can cure but it does get easier every day (well past days 1,2 and 3) gets better physically except for the lack of sleep so over the counter sleep aids can help sometimes.
Boky

Posted: August 8, 2015, 10:29 PM
I ve been on and off few times, and best thing you can do is use some small ammount of codeine... but only like 50 - 60 mg, 3 or maybe 4 times a day + sleeping pill b4 bed... next few days same dosage and after a 4-5 days simptoms will be much easyer, and you reduce codeine, slowly... after lets say 15 days (up to 20) quit codeine too, codeine withdrawal is much more easyer to go through. I know it wont take all your simptoms aways in first few days, but will help a lot, trust me. If you cant find pure codeine pills - look for cold water extraction threads on internet (separating codeine from paracetamol+codeine pills), theres a plenty of it... and if you cant find pills with no caffeine in it with codeine, go with activated charcoal method of cold water extraction for remowing caffeine, cuz with caffeine it will be only worse for you and codeine wont help... best wishes bro, cheers

Posted: August 8, 2015, 10:51 PM
The best remedy I know is taking The 12 Steps of NA.

They work and will keep on working if you work them.

I wish you the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
post replypost new topic