post replypost new topic
Asked Fo Forgiveness
cw

Posted: July 20, 2016, 8:33 PM
So I asked my mom for forgiveness and told her i was sorry for dissapointing her and how i need her support and love... her reply we dont need your added stress i wont be calling you.. I feel so let down and lost,,, been clean now 30 days Im adopted ive always felt unwanted her dad molested me at 10 which ive never gotten over How does a mother say that to her child especially when im getting clean !!!!

Posted: July 20, 2016, 8:49 PM
Are you attending NA meetings? I hope you are.

Don't let your recovery hinge on your mother's actions.

Bob

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: July 20, 2016, 8:52 PM
yes it was me that posted ... i posted before without creating an account!!!!! its so hard for me it hurts so bad i was already abandoned by my first parents all ive ever wanted was her to love me

Posted: July 21, 2016, 1:20 AM
Hi, I don't know if your a boy or a girl or how old you are. But I know your mom loves you!! Sometimes us mothers have been hurt so badly that in order to carry on we put up barriers to protect ourselves. I've done it. I think I'm still there. There's nothing more your mom probably wants than to have you back, clean and sober but you have to build up her trust again. She'll come around. She loved you from when she first got you. That's probably a long time and you don't just stop loving your child after loving them for so long. Keep working on staying sober build your life back up again. Be proud of yourself. It's not an easy task getting sober and you've done it! Just give your mom time to heal and she'll come around. I know she will. Don't say you were given away the first time because you were unloved either. Everybody loves a baby. Circumstances play a big part in a mother giving up her child. It takes an enormous amount of unselfish love to put a baby up for care. So don't feel unloved. Chances are you were loved more than most. You sound a really nice caring person who would be easy to love. Just give your mom time to come around. It's a true saying that "time heals all" it really does. Be brave,stay strong and continue to be sober. When the time is right your mom will be so happy to see you well again. Getting your life back in order and seeing you happy is the best gift you could give her. I wish for my daughter to be where you are. I would be so proud and happy if she was. But until then I have to keep my safety fence up and keep out the hurt. There is nothing stronger than a mothers love. Remember that! God bless Mary.

This post has been edited by Mandm on July 21, 2016, 1:26 AM

Posted: July 29, 2016, 10:44 PM
Hi CW, Just wanted you to know I am thinking about you and hope your doing better. Mary.
post replypost new topic