post replypost new topic
Crack Addict Behavior-meanie

Posted: April 3, 2015, 3:25 PM
Hi. Is it normal for a loved one to find evil intention in nearly everything you do? And to say vicious, verbally cruel things to you, no matter how much you explain you did not mean what negative they took from a random conversation? Please help. Is this what they do? Threaten to never talk to you again? Like, I couldn't even get upset back at him because #1 having a basic convo and would be trying to go through what I'd said that could have set him off, I'm confused as it never made sense. Please share any experience/knowledge you have with this crack behavior.

KIMMY

Posted: April 13, 2015, 10:30 AM
Unfortunately that behaviour appears to be the norm when abusing coke in all it's forms. I think of it as emotional blackmail and it works well on people who really love the addict. It is very difficult to call a persons bluff when we know they are in crisis, our instincts tell us to help in any way we can but that fine line of enabling the addict, breaking their fall is what we should guard against....it doesn't help them or us.
Perhaps the only response to someone who is actively using and ruining the ability of love ones to cope is to tell them to go get help and slam the door on them.....it's hard but that is what I am current doing to my son, I have slammed my door, locked it and told him to get help. He is so angry with me at the moment but I think it is a form of projection, he is angry with himself. I intend to stay strong this time and let him feel the pain he is cause us all including himself. I love him and I want him to find his way back but I want my life just as bad. I feel I am sick now emotionally and I have to get well and see that I am helpless in changing his behaviour, that is his job now as an adult......I am hoping the best for him, me and yours too.
post replypost new topic