post replypost new topic
Help Please
robin

Posted: January 7, 2015, 3:06 AM
Still sober....intense craving today, but I made it thru!!!!

Posted: January 7, 2015, 4:56 AM
Good things don't always come easy. Keep it up. The light at the end of the tunnel is for you. You're inspiring someone. That's a good thing. Right?
robin

Posted: January 7, 2015, 6:21 AM
I hope I'm inspiring someone because this site has sure inspired me!#holdingon

Posted: January 7, 2015, 7:13 AM
Hey robin

Glad your doing alright

How are you feeling?

How are you recovering....are you following a program....are you trying on your own self will ? How are you doing it?

Be aware that recovery is really tough but worth it...you might pass through extreme depression some days and feel like using to relieve the symptoms....but hold on ...hold on ....it gets better ...

Also if you are feeling in a good mood and confident.....the disease will tell you that you are capable to do it just once and it will tell you that you can moderate....it will tell you lots of lies....do not believe a single thing....

robin

Posted: January 7, 2015, 8:57 AM
I'm feeling good pretty much because I was just so tired of the addiction and was ready to stop. I'm feeling very powerful, but know I must be careful. I Still Haven't Checked Out NA, but I plan to. I had some intense cravings yesterday, but I just went out instead of using and met a friend for dinner. A ex who uses called me hi and I just told him I can't deal with him right now. I'm dealing with myself at this time. I directed him to this site and in coke paranoia he says "are u crazy! That's probably the feds!" I just shrugged my shoulders. I have to help myself get out of this right now....it's all about me. Please continue with your support...it's REALLY helping me the most to hear from those who are there, been there, or are still struggling through.

Posted: January 7, 2015, 11:07 AM
Well done Robin- you should be proud of yourself-as the others said, it will get better-you have taken the first step on the road to a better life-stay strong-you CAN do this- keep reaching out-very few manage to overcome any addiction on their own-we all need help and support- hang on in there Robin-
robin

Posted: January 9, 2015, 6:39 PM
Omg VERY BAD cravings today....I'm praying

Posted: January 10, 2015, 1:08 AM
I hope you are hanging in there and staying strong.

Posted: January 10, 2015, 9:49 AM
Omg VERY BAD cravings today....I'm praying

Robin:

The best praying I have ever done, the most effective prayers, were the ones I uttered while walking to my NA/AA meeting.

Those were the prayers that seemed to get answered ......

All the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)
post replypost new topic