post replypost new topic
2 Days Clean
Adam

Posted: September 15, 2014, 5:31 PM
Hey,my name is Adam. I only have 2 days clean from crack cocaine and I'm really struggling. I Thad almost 1 yr clean and just started relapsing 2-3 x's a week for the last couple of months. I have been diagnosed with depression. I am also very paranoid. I had been on crack for 9 yrs straight day and night. Is the depression and paranoia a result of my chronic cocaine/crack use. If anyone is willing willing to give me some/any advice,I would most certainly appreciate it. Thanks.

Posted: September 15, 2014, 7:36 PM
Hello Adam:

Are you attending NA meetings? I strongly suggest you do.

There are lots of folks at the meetings that have been right where you are, they will help you.

All the best.

Bob R

--------------------
Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Free copy of AA's Big Book on-line: http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoh...olics-anonymous

Free copy of NA's Big Book on-line:
Copy & Paste coastalcarolinaarea.org/literature/books/b_t.pdf

AA's HOW IT WORKS:
Copy & paste www.aa.org/assets/en_US/p-10_howitworks.pdf

NA's HOW IT WORKS:
http://www.na.org/admin/include/spa...0it%20Works.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------

--- driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-delusion, self-seeking, and self-pity.

---there are those too who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

... I need AA more than it needs me.

--- I fight recovery tooth and nail....
I'm not used to being sane, it just doesn't seem natural.

...... According to the great spiritual teachers, ignorance does not result from what we don’t know; ignorance results from what we think we do know.

---Some think that 2+2=5 and believe it.
Some know that 2+2=4 and can't stand it.

--- I didn't have a very happy childhood
but I sure am having a long one !

---Dry since 1989
working daily on getting/staying SOBER.

---If you want to drink, that's your business
...If you want to quit, that's AA's business.

... Tell me, I'll forget;
... Show me, I'll remember;
... Engage me, I'll understand.

---Most problems are psychological.
Most solutions are spiritual .

"If we try to change our ego with the help of our ego, we only have a better-disguised ego."
--Richard Rohr

WWBWD (What Would Bill W. Do)

Posted: September 15, 2014, 9:54 PM
Adam,

relax, your doing a good thing. Please try to ride out the uncomfortable feelings. I know I had them when I stopped. Then again I was in jail ;) Started right back up 4 months later when I got out. Took another half year for me to check into my 3rd rehab. Thank God something happened.
But while you work your way to that something, relax. Eat well, get plenty of rest and exercise, and, perhaps try a little prayer or meditation to help qiuet the mind.

Above all else,

Be Well,
Larry

--------------------
All gods send their drunks to AA

My story.. https://www.addictionrecoveryguide.o...ST&f=16&t=63644

Posted: October 29, 2014, 11:41 PM
follow what Larry said, he have some good points :)

Posted: November 8, 2014, 8:49 PM
I am not a Dr. but I am an alcoholic (2 days clean) and I have people close to me addicted to crack...crack definitely makes our paranoia and depression worse. I had 8 years clean and all of that stuff basically disappeared I was pre-dispositioned to depression...but it is much worse when I am drinking. Think about it...we are using mind altering substances. I have read all about what crack and alcohol do to the brain and scientifically it is amazing how much it changes your brain. It will take time to feel somewhat normal. But you have to realize it is a result of the drug and you have to keep fighting to get thru it...don't give in because you think your crazy...know that we are crazy because of what we have been doing and it will get better if we can stay stopped.

Posted: December 31, 2014, 4:12 PM
r u in RI

Posted: December 31, 2014, 5:10 PM
Where is RI ?????

Posted: December 31, 2014, 6:30 PM
be glad you don't know travellin, because that means you ain't there. My guess is ole' Kev is a stalker of some sort looking to prey on addicts, based on his other post.

--------------------

Posted: December 31, 2014, 7:16 PM
Thanks Larry - some sick folks out there
adam

Posted: February 28, 2015, 10:14 AM
Hey,guys. Its Adam. I'm doing pretty well. I have almost two moths clean. I haven't been going to meetings but I just recently started the therapy process. I notice the longer I'm able to go without using,the better I feel. Its strange though,it seems like I want to use when things are going well as well. Just wanted to check in with u guys.

Posted: February 28, 2015, 7:22 PM
adam,

great to hear from you. So glad things are going well. Two months is qiute an accomplishment, particularly around the holidays. I can relate to the want to use when things are going good syndrome. I had often been accused of self-sabotage, just when things were coming back together in my life, I'd let loose the demons. Happened many, many times.
Fortunately, I believe , those days are behind me, I hope they are for you too.

Please keep checking back in, you now qualify as a hope-giver, let others know it can be done.

Be Well,
Larry

--------------------

adam

Posted: March 1, 2015, 7:41 AM
Thanks,Larry. Its good to hear from you as well. I find staying busy really helps a lot. I used to sleep a lot and didn't really do much or have the energy to do so. Now,it seems the more I do,the better I feel.lol. I also look forward to being able to help other addict who also didn't see any hope like me!!!
post replypost new topic