post replypost new topic
I'm Ready To Give It Up
Brian

Posted: April 23, 2014, 9:20 PM
I've been using on and off for around 12 years and I am ready to stop, but it just doesn't seem to be that easy for me. I hate coke and only have the desire to do it when I start getting pissed off of beers(which is my main problem) other than that I never have the desire to do it on its own. The stuff has literally made me a different person I believe. I'm pretty sure it has chemically altered my brain. Sorry for babbling, but I'm loosing it because of my addiction. I get so down and out that I wanna kill myself and that just isn't me. I use to think that I could quit using coke, but continue to drink or get stoned and now I'm realizing that I have to give it all up and you know what I think I'm ready for that. There is nothing cool about a 34 year old guy getting hammered every weekend. I feel like a straight up loser, but this crap has got me locked down. Has anybody seen a therapist for their addiction because that is my next step. This is my first post so I'll wrap it up now. Thanks for listening

Posted: April 24, 2014, 7:25 AM
Does rehab count as seeing a therapist? Cause I've seen a few. I suppose that goal is to learn something about yourself. Whats lacking or what's askew. Generally a change is in order for us addicts. a therapist may help you qiucken this realization.

Be well,
Larry

--------------------
All gods send their drunks to AA

My story.. https://www.addictionrecoveryguide.o...ST&f=16&t=63644

Posted: April 29, 2014, 5:27 AM
It sounds like you could have a number of problems that contribute to your coke habit. You mentioned drinking and some of what you said makes it sound like you are a bit depressed. First of all, let me say that seeing a therapist is a great idea. You should also look into rehabs as they can be really helpful. Just find the type of help that works for you and do it now. Every day you go without trying an NA meeting or speaking to someone about rehab is a day wasted. Just starting treatment can be a huge moral boost and it feels great to know you are doing something good for yourself. Also, keep in mind that there are loads of new treatments being looked at for cocaine addiction. cocaine addiction treatment blog Speak to your doctor and start your journey in recovery. It will be the best thing you have ever done.

Good Luck

Posted: September 26, 2014, 8:16 AM
Try a behavioral therapist...they can teach you some good coping strategies. That is really the only place I feel that I can be totally honest. I see a psychiatrist too for anxiety meds.
post replypost new topic