post replypost new topic
1 Year Sober Today
Marsha

Posted: September 9, 2015, 8:46 PM
I am one year sober today, I have been doing very well. I am working, interning, and attending classes. I fell that I am neglecting meetings because I want to graduate and get my degree. I'm doing very well but I know all that could change anytime

Posted: September 10, 2015, 7:17 AM
Hi

i neglected my recovery because i was doing real well in my new sober life.

Guess what? I relapsed just shy from 10 months sober

Do what you know you have to do.

Posted: September 10, 2015, 3:21 PM
Congrats Marsha~ One year is a HUGE milestone.

Maybe you might want to pray and ask for the courage & strength to do everything that you need to do to stay sober. Your HP will direct you and since you mentioned it, obviously it's been made clear to you by that nudge that maybe hitting a meeting will help get you back on track.

I understand how busy life can get in sobriety, it's amazing all the grace & gifts that God gives us once we are sober and participating in our lives again but like Soberturtle, that full life when I'm not doing the basics that got me sober, will disappear quicker than it came.

Enjoy your sobriety birthday and go hit a meeting and pick up a service commitment. It may save your life.

((hugs))
Stacey

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.

Posted: September 11, 2015, 12:09 PM
Congrats!

Posted: September 11, 2015, 2:56 PM
Hi Marsha welcome to the board.. Congratulations on your first year!.. that is huge and I know from experience how much dedication and work it takes to achieve that first year. Sobriety must come before anything because if we lose our sobriety we lose everything we work and strive to become.I wish you good luck on your studies and remember that your education depends on your sobriety so do your best to maintain your recovery work and work on your second year... You can do it!................:)

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need
post replypost new topic