post replypost new topic
Think About Your Thinking... ;)

Posted: September 24, 2014, 9:51 AM
NOBODY understands alcoholic thinking--except another alcoholic. Rather than trying to change people to think the way *I* think, I had to learn to accept my thinking as (perhaps) self-centered, selfish, dishonest and fear-filled. When I began to understand that I don't have the right--nor the ability--to make people think the way I think they should think, I stopped having to keep track of their thoughts... And they lost their power to control me.
Think about thinking about that... ~grin~

Focus on the solution and the solution gets larger; focus on the problem and the problem gets larger... And when I am the problem, I can get pretty large... I think...

--------------------

Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.

Posted: September 25, 2014, 4:34 AM
I don't think anybody can understand anybody else ,alcoholic or not unless they have gone through the same experiences and even then the reaction of each individual is different from each other because they react based on their own experiences and perception that they have learned or acquired in life.sometimes all a person wants/needs is to have someone to vent to who won't judge and who will say I understand. and try and pass on some kind of wisdom /knowledge to help that person deal with whatever they are going through.To reach out an helping hand does not mean to grab and try and pull in, sometimes it just means holding the hand and trying to keep the head out of water while the person is trying to swim and make it to shore.

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need
post replypost new topic