|
PRIVACY
|
RECOMMEND A RESOURCE
|
HOME

1 Day Sober From Alcohol 3yrs Sober From Other Stu
Posted: August 3, 2013, 7:10 AM

Hi anna. you should be proud of yourself and for your accomplishments...you are doing great.... The body has a lot of adjustments to make when one stops drinking,both physically and mentally.
Exercise and a a healthy diet and vitamins may help... wishing you all the best and keep up the good work........hugs
Dont give up

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need
Posted: August 3, 2013, 6:08 PM

Hi Annaneko

Congrations on a good day of sobriety. The rewards of sobriety are sweet and often unexpected, so feel all the sweeter when we are sober. What a great gift to give your family. Good for you!!
Take care of yourself with proper diet and rest. You have a lot of wonderful sober living ahead.

E.

--------------------
Let me love and serve and teach,
Those who come within my reach.
For miracles begin that way!

Posted: August 3, 2013, 8:10 PM

Hi Anna, wow you're doing so great! I do remember a brief time I felt unusually tired after getting sober. Didn't last long though. Nothing better than spending quality time with your loved ones. Time is something we can never get back. I'm grateful for ARG and all the ppl that post here. God provides, God is in control. I thought I had plenty of faith before, but the day I woke up an alcoholic and I knew it, and ask God to help me, was when I realized my faith hadn't been such that I trusted Him to fight my battles. That was May of 2012, and it's been a wondrous journey my friend. Keep going in the right direction, because we never know what blessings lay in store for us, and my belief is that it keeps getting better.
Posted: August 6, 2013, 7:12 PM

RUFF DAY feel like just giving up. I really do, been depressed and more tired than usual. Going to look into therapy somethings gotta give.
Posted: August 6, 2013, 8:09 PM

Annaniko, it's okay to feel down, but you don't have to medicate/drink over it. Don't drink even if your a** feels like it's dragging so low it's gonna fall off! There's something I learned early on in sobriety called HALT. I get restless, irritable, and discontent at everything and everyone and don't know why sometimes, so I ask myself: Am I Hungry? I eat something. Am I Tired? Sometimes stealing a 15-minute powernap lets me get away from the chaos. Am I Angry or Lonely? Talking to another addict/alcoholic who understands (normies don't get it) lets me get silly stuff and feelings of confusion out there--and people like me can help by providing suggestions.

Try HALT. Grab something lite, take a nap, and if it's still sucky, call another alcoholic--use the hotline if you need to!

You can do this--and it's OK to feel. If you're like me, it was new and I didn't have to drink/drug to "fix" it. What a relief!

--------------------

Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.
Posted: August 6, 2013, 8:14 PM

Hello Annaneko.

Don't give up! Quitting drinking may be the hardest thing in life that we do, but it can be done. You may need the help of the AA program and AA people. Almost all of us recovering alkies have had to accept that help. It is available for the asking. Make some serious enquiries about treatment centers. Get to some AA meetings. Talk to AA members. It can help. Recall the good days you have had while sober.

Praying for you Annaneko.

E.

--------------------

Posted: August 6, 2013, 9:00 PM

HI Anna. I can relate.. I would have those feelings a lot but one thing I learned is that if I ride out the storm and stay busy and stay focused on recovery eventually it passes.... It is possible to change your thoughts, it is difficult to do at times but it can be done.. also when you feel like this, write a gratitude list for all the good things in your life and it also helped me to write a list of the positive things that sobriety would bring as opposed to the negative things that drinking would...reach out to other recovering alcoholics..read the big book.. do WHATEVER you need to do to get through the day... you will feel wonderful when you get past it. ..hang in there... by the way check all ingredients of products you are using and food /drinks..avoid anything with EXTRACT written on the label.. this can cause cravings and any product such as hairsprays, body lotions, etc that contain alcohol is a no no...:) .....been there done that ,...and got the sobriety to prove it!........... sending you HOPE and encouragement

--------------------
Posted: August 6, 2013, 9:08 PM

Hi Anna, bad day huh? It happens, even to those who don't use..Sorry you're feelin down, remember though, feelings are not facts. You may be blue and discouraged, but hang on sweetie, hang on. Even the tallest oak needs strong winds and drought to encourage deep roots.It is during our trying times when character is built. You know a relapse can only make things worse, so hold on to what you have! Praying for you. ((hugs)~K
Posted: August 7, 2013, 11:52 PM

grrrr I made it! Tuff days but I made me! Had to pass on places and people I knew might trigger me, and feeling the way I felt I knew if I was around it i'd use it so better off changing plans. Hard days happen and I did do a gratuity list and one thing I am grateful for is having you all to encourage and give me information on how you've all made it. I feel strong like a oak tree and have strong roots too but I'd really love to keep them growing and can't do that while I am drinking. I feel more clear minded and more in tune with feelings when I am sober and although it's scary i'm gonna try to keep truckin.
Posted: August 7, 2013, 11:58 PM

Hi Anna, was waiting for you. You're doing ok kiddo! I knew you would. ((hugs))
Posted: August 8, 2013, 12:28 PM

Awesome, Anna, good for you not putting yourself into slippery places & putting your sobriety first.

I know, for me, when I keep my sobriety as the most important thing, EVERYTHING else works itself out.

Keep trudging, you're doing the deal and it will only continue to get better, some more tough days, but a lot of awesome years to come....

xoxo
Stacey

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.
Posted: August 8, 2013, 4:36 PM

Hello Annaneko!

GOOD FOR YOU! You have reached a great benchmark. You want to quit more than you want to drink. That is awesome! I am proud of you. Keep doing the do things and it will get better and better. Touch AA each and every day and it will keep you thinking and working sobriety. Keep on trucking, it gets sweeter and sweeter.

E.

This post has been edited by Seagull on August 8, 2013, 4:37 PM

--------------------

Posted: August 8, 2013, 7:06 PM

Hi Ann was so happy to read your post and to see that you didn't cave in.. you go girl! . Ride out the storms and eventually it will pass..... do whatever it takes to change your thoughts because changing them will change your feelings... keep looking at what you will gain instead of what you are giving up... you are trading an addicted life with chains for a life of freedom and choices...sending support and encouragement and an HIGH FIVE for riding this one out.. proud of you! .........hugs

--------------------
Posted: August 8, 2013, 8:23 PM

When I first started doing what others were doing I was astonished at all the feelings I was experiencing. That's because I'd smothered them and soaked them with drugs and alcohol. When I started healing they were all over the place--and it was almost like being high--because I was feeling things, good and bad, I had never experienced (sober). After a while, I looked forward to that surprise every day to see what God was showing me for the day. It takes a while, so give yourself a break. Relax--and stay away from triggers! Goodonya!

You CAN do this. AA can help you build a network of sober people who've been where you are, too, so get in the middle of it if you can.

You're worth it!

--------------------

Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.
Posted: August 9, 2013, 9:30 AM

Thanks everyone! I have planted a garden too and actually had the energy to put a fence around it with my kids so our big dog doesn't go dig it up again, and although it was hard work it felt good to spend time with my kids sober and do something fun, i saw the difference in them and that made me SOOOO happy. Gonna get to a meeting, and have a 5K tomorrow I am running, get these nasty thoughts out of my mind through my running seems to be helping with my depression a little. Emotions are my biggest trigger I feel sad, resentful, lonely, stressed, or even happy I want to drink I've told my self it's not good for my brain which science has actually proved and i'm educated about the effects just choose not to listen to it for a while, but if not now when? Might as well be now. Got my AA book and happy to read it actually find myself not wanting to put it down. May you all have a blessed day luv you all and thank you, thank you bunches.
Posted: August 9, 2013, 7:23 PM

Hi Annaneko.

Happy to read your post and learn that you are doing good in your program. Glad to see that you are going to a meeting. Start looking around there for a sponsor. We can't do this thing alone. You will be helping your sponsor too. When you get feeling low or have a craving or even thoughts, tell another AA member about it. A sponsor can really help then. Keep doing the do things. This program works if you work it.

E.

--------------------

Posted: August 9, 2013, 7:49 PM

It's true Anna, a sponsor is your go to person concerning anything and everything you need help with, or just to talk.I didn't find a sponsor the first or even second meeting, but the sponsor I found has been a God send and I couldn't imagine doing this without her.Also, I was so afraid to go that first meeting, afterwards felt silly because all it was, people like me who understands and would help any way they could. Nothing to be scared of there. You want your kids to be proud of you, and when you get my age you want your grandkids to be proud of you too. Be a good example for them, show them how to deal with life, not hide from it. The 12 steps is a good way of life, even if you don't drink or use. Allowing God to use your weakness to fine tune and hone you into the woman you were meant to be will be a blessing to you and all you come in contact with. God speed precious lady, and welcome to the best years of your life.
Posted: August 10, 2013, 5:26 AM

HI Ana. wishing you a wonderful day... and a sober 24 hours... That is all it takes girl.. one day at a time.. So glad to know that you are doing productive things with your kids and making pleasant memories...At the beginning of September all 3 of my grown kids are coming from away to visit and also my little grand daughter. everyone is excited and talking to me every day and making plans ..I do NOT take that for granted and it is so precious to me because there was a time I almost lost them , there was a time when 2 of my 3 grown children weren't speaking to me... sobriety has changed that and now I have a good relationship with them.. It feels so good to be told of their pride in me...it feels so good to hear the telephone ring and it's one of them WANTING to talk to ME...it feels so good to laugh with them, to joke with them, to make plans,to be a part of their lives and they a part of mine.. God's Grace and sobriety will bring you much happiness and the gratitude for what is the most important in your life... NO bottle can replace the love and respect of your children.....As a mother who drank all the while her kids were growing up let me please let me leave you with a couple of thoughts..
MY WISH FOR YOU..
May your children, remember their mama's smile when they walk unexpectedly in a room.(not one of interrupting secret drinking)
May your children remember the sweet smell of pretty flowers when they think of mama(not a smell of sweat and booze from not taking a shower that day)
May your children remember laughter( not tears caused by mamas mean streak when drinking)
May your children remember fresh breath from loving kisses(not booze from slobbering kisses)
May your children remember loving arms from hugs(not grabs from impatience and irritations)
May your children remember the feel of being more precious than the booze (to spend time with them instead of drinking with friends or by yourself)
May your children remember a mama of Grace, kindness, self respect and confidence.(not one is drunk, wailing and crying and cursing others and herself and falling down.
May your children remember a NORMAL life with mama.
Ana these are just a few of the things I wish for you and wishes do and can come true... You can have a life with your children that you can be proud of when it is all said and done.... My youngest daughter is 26 years old.. to this day she still hates the sound of ice cubes clinking in a glass...........that speaks for itself................sending you MUCH ENCOURAGEMENT to stay sober, sending you MUCH SUPPORT to stay strong... sending you MUCH LOVE because you are worth so much more than what the bottle will give and what it will take.
may your children have the memories of a sober mom.........

This post has been edited by pirate on August 10, 2013, 5:28 AM

--------------------
Posted: August 11, 2013, 1:01 AM

A sober mom I am today and I am soooo grateful for that. I am in search of a good sponsor one I can find similiarities to and feel a connection. This was a fun challenging day but I loved every part of it and wouldn't give it up for the world. i love being a sober mom and being able to smile, and feel great. Thank you all!
Posted: August 11, 2013, 4:23 PM

Hi Ann and today I am grateful to be a sober mom too. The miracles of sobriety
Today I received a surprise from my daughter ..a necklace of intertwining hearts... inside the note read... Just wanted you to know how proud I am of you and how thankful I am to have you as my mom..I love you so much and I am always here for you.. your heart will always be close to mine....... THAT my friend is one of the MIRACLES of sobriety. no bottle could ever make me feel as good as I felt today and to make it even better she gave me the gift personally on her way travelling to another town and stopped in for a quick visit....she was so Happy and so was I... there would have been a time when she would have found me drunk or half in the bag on those kinds of visits Today she is relaxed about visiting me,no anxiety about what she might find, I take NOTHING for granted and I thank God for my blessings. I almost lost it all and one bend of the elbow it can be all taken away.....
I am glad to know that you are looking for a sponsor... It is so good to know that you are really serious about your recovery.....sending you encouragement, support and HOPE...

--------------------
  top of page  Top