PRIVACY
|
RECOMMEND A RESOURCE
|
HOME

My Story
island
Posted: April 29, 2013, 4:03 PM

I started drinking at a very young age, everytime I drank I wanted to get drunk, all the way ,or no way.In my twenties and thirtys I got drunk on the weekends, only the weekends.The last few years I would drink in the middle of the week, then it was everyday. Everyday drinking on sly from my family, I could manage a six pack without anyone knowing.My drinking problem then escaluated, and I was powerless.May 20, 2012 I called A A. If I didn't make that call, today I proberly would be dead.Because of AA , Im here SOBER ! For 8 months I tried to tell myself that I'm NOT an alcoholic, I thought I could control my drinking.. What I fool I was....I came to a solution ,I had to accept that FACT that I could just not drink.AA gave me back my family, and my life.
I am 47 years old, I work with kids at a school, I am a sunday school teacher, I am kind, I am loving , I am funny, I am a sister, I am a wife and A great mom to my son he is my world. I am a choosen one by God. I WILL NOT let alcohol take my beautiful life.I am so excited to go to my AA meeting tonight, they all give me love and support, most of all is that , they are the only ones who understand what I'm going through. Today I want the world to know, I HAVENT DRINKED IN 3 MONTHS !!!!!!! yippeeeee.
I hope if someone out there reads this, I want to let you know there is hope.
Thanks to my HP
AA
my sponsor who I call my guardian angel,

I hope MY STORY can help another alcoholic.

C
Posted: April 30, 2013, 5:55 AM

Hi Island. It is so good to see you posting your ESH and it will help the newcomer who comes in here because your post is full of HOPE for the still suffering alcoholic..that is why I believe it is important for us all to share our ESH.. there may be just one thing that you think is unimportant but yet it could be something that will catch the eye or make an impact on someone... you yourself know this to be true from the things that people said that caught your attention when you first arrived in AA. I am so proud of everything that you have accomplished ,of where you are today compared to last year this time.. You have overcome many struggles and to see you post here on this board that you have 3 months of sobriety is a Miracle and proof that it can be done.Praise God... love you so much.. God bless

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need
Posted: April 30, 2013, 6:22 AM

Hey Island

Sharing your story is a great way to strengthen your sobriety. Others will be able to relate to things in your story that is the same as theirs. Still others will will find things there that they will try to help themselves. And you will have the joy of knowing you are helping other suffering alcoholics get sober and stay sober. Our program works for us because we give it away and because we support our own group.

We are proud of you for chosing our way if living and making it work for yourself. The promises on page 83 and 84 of the Big Book DO come true.

Keep working your program. It is working FOR you.

--------------------
Let me love and serve and teach,
Those who come within my reach.
For miracles begin that way!

Posted: April 30, 2013, 12:06 PM

Thank you for sharing, Island.

I could relate to your story. I love the message of hope & recovery that you shared. King Alcohol was my HP for a very long time, it owned me and controlled everything about me. I was a drunk that woke up thinking about my next drink. When I finally got to that jumping off place, where I couldn't live with it and I didn't think I could live without it, and I just surrender and asked God for help, he led me into the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous.

When I read your gratitude, it takes me back to the beginning and that gratitude still fills my heart.

You are a miracle. Recovery, 'tis a gift (thank you, Sammy) and now we get to share that gift with all those that are making their way to us.

Keep coming back...
xoxo
Stacey

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.
Posted: April 30, 2013, 10:05 PM

Thanks for sharing your story. You have so much going for you, and it's a wonderful feeling to know that you are in recovering mode. Just the other day, out of the blue, I had a thought of a glass of wine. I had a thought, it's been almost a year since I've tasted it. I had another thought, maybe I'm not really an alcoholic. Let me tell you, I laughed out loud! That's about the third time that's happened, and I truly do find it humorous. The more you unmask your demons, the weaker they become. For me it's simple, I turned that battle over to God, and it is Him, who is between me and them. I could never do it alone.
island
Posted: May 16, 2013, 3:16 PM

Hi everyone,
just dropped by to let ya all know I am still doing great ,no desire to drink.3 and 1/2 months now. Doing so good its almost scarry.
God bless
drop me a few lines , love ya all ..

C
Posted: May 18, 2013, 11:23 AM

Hi Island. I am so proud of you girl, you are doing great and it is inspirational to watch your growth in recovery.... You are a miracle! :)

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need
island
Posted: June 8, 2013, 9:04 PM

820 views ,, wow
  top of page  Top