|
PRIVACY
|
RECOMMEND A RESOURCE
|
HOME

Skg Has Six Years!!!! Wow!
Posted: April 24, 2013, 6:34 AM

Well done SKG. It's a wonderful achievement. One day at a time. Hope that you continue to grow in the spirit of sobriety.
Posted: April 24, 2013, 7:13 AM

Awesome!!!! Congrats
Posted: April 24, 2013, 10:31 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Yay! Longest I've gone in MY LIFE without alcohol in my body! The further I get from my last debacle the more apparent it is to me (and those around me) that sobriety and God are the best thing for me today, one day at a time.

~hugs~

--------------------

""When you fear (respect, obey, worship) God, you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God, you fear everything." Chambers
Posted: April 24, 2013, 12:57 PM

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy! Congratulations my friend..

--------------------
Thank God for what you have. Trust God for what you need
Posted: April 24, 2013, 1:31 PM

Thanks, M. As you know, all the glory goes to God. All my best thinking put me in the ditch, so it's a new day when I can stay sober for longer than at any time in my life. Thanks be to God!

--------------------

""When you fear (respect, obey, worship) God, you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God, you fear everything." Chambers
Posted: April 24, 2013, 2:45 PM

Congrads Man.

Jeff

--------------------
It is Just Not worth it.

"Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the puck happened."

One Day At A Time
Posted: April 24, 2013, 2:52 PM

Good job, skg. Thanks for paying it forward!
Posted: April 24, 2013, 3:01 PM

Congratulations, skg. That is simply amazing. Thanks for giving back.
Posted: April 24, 2013, 3:14 PM

It's awesome, isn't it? I am so very grateful for you folks. It may seem corny, but you've helped me stay sober far more than anything I've done for anyone else. Look at you still coming back and able to carry the message yourselves? THAT is the miracle of this thing. It's those people closest to the door that can offer the greatest help.
If I could suggest anything, it'd be to latch on to the nearest newcomer and give them the ESH only YOU can give them. It'll keep you sober and give them hope.
Thanks. Seriously. Thank you so much.

--------------------

Posted: April 24, 2013, 3:16 PM

You make me smile & my heart sing....Happy Birthday, my friend.

You are a miracle & a true inspiration to the program. I am so grateful to call you my friend.

Keep coming back~
xoxo
Stacey

--------------------
Happiness is not in the bottom of a pill bottle. It's inside you.
Posted: April 24, 2013, 3:22 PM

You hold a very special place in my sobriety and in my heart, Stacey. I thank you and I thank God for you.

That's because....

You....

RAWK!

--------------------

Posted: April 24, 2013, 6:31 PM

Congratulations SKG!

I am fairly new to this board, but I see you doing the things that I believe make AA work. Like reaching out to newcomers, giving away your ESH, encouraging and supporting suffering alcoholics, telling stories on yourself that we can all relate to, that make us feel a part of, of loving us until we can love ourselves. Thank you for being there and sharing. I wish you many many more years of sobriety. Keep on doing what you do. It DOES get even better.

Seagull

--------------------
Let me love and serve and teach,
Those who come within my reach.
For miracles begin that way!

Posted: April 24, 2013, 7:14 PM

Thank you, Eldon. They told me to work my recovery like I worked my drinking, and I was drinking or thinking 24/7. This place and the people associated with it gave me a quality of recovery--an authenticity--I cherish. When I wasn't at a meeting I was clinging to these people. They allowed me to find my way, supported my incessant questions and my trip from egoism to (relative) humility and service. I thank God for all of it because I wouldn't have nearly the understanding I have received from the guidance and patience here.

"If you're willing to go to any lengths, you're ready to take certain steps." I would add, "If you're not, go back out there until you are!" Desperation is great persuasion...

Thanks again.

--------------------

Posted: April 26, 2013, 5:44 AM

Hi Shane

We wouldn't of believed we'd be able to come this far when we first sobered up/got clean.
We went through our pains our false prides and over enlarged Ego's, and we get to the next day. mostly unscathed.

Yet we can smile a true smile, laugh with true laughter.

My higher power shows me life on life's terms and shows me reality ( as it is ).

Acceptance, daily surrender and asking for STRENGTH......

Something happened, Something I couldn't do for myself..... now what was it ???????????

Oh yes LIVE.

God bless you.

--------------------
LET GO LET GOD
Posted: April 26, 2013, 5:47 AM

P.S

Spring 2007 must of been a good year for us both dear friend :-)

--------------------
LET GO LET GOD
Posted: April 26, 2013, 8:23 AM

Something happened, Something I couldn't do for myself..... now what was it ???????????
Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye! ;)
You "sound" good, Paul. It truly is a miracle, isn't it? Yet there are PROMISES and we STILL balk, thinking there was an easier softer way...
:)
Love y'all! It's a God thang.

--------------------

Posted: April 26, 2013, 6:08 PM

Wahoo skg! I new there was a mighty big reason I felt so compelled to come here today! That's amazing. Very happy for you!:)
Posted: April 26, 2013, 6:47 PM

Thank-you, K. If you're not careful, I'll show up at one of your homegroup meetings!

--------------------

Posted: April 28, 2013, 5:54 AM

My Balk-ness today mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

A forgotten prayer

An Overlooked gratitude

A disregarded amends

The idled work.

I'm no saint...... it works, I work it to the best of my ability and some........

Passing it forward freely.

--------------------
LET GO LET GOD
Posted: April 28, 2013, 9:43 AM

Congratulations!!!!!!

--------------------

१२ स्तैप्पैर!

kat11100@comcast.net

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;
that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain

Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town

Laugh because it shows people that you have what they want and what they need: a hope in things unseen, a peace that passes understanding, and a God of miracles who also has a great sense of humor.

user posted image
  top of page  Top