post replypost new topic
Going Cold Turkey On Synthetic

Posted: August 26, 2014, 4:26 PM
so today i made the decision to quit smoking synthetics after four years or more of super heavy use. im talking in my area we have 10 or 11 gram bags. i myself can smoke a bag a day is how bad it is. the last four years i was able to keep a job but all my money was wasted because of addiction. im at a turning point in my life where im ready to change. ive been gearing up and reading all the wonderful insightful info on this forum to get ready for the withdraws. the kit has some great items im getting together so i can have some backup if the withdrawls get to bad. any support will be needed as i have about 3 other kush addicts here. but im stronger than addiction so i will win in the end. the withdrawls started today for me as i stopped yesterday so im getting ready for the next 4 days of hell.

i just need help keeping my mind busy.

Posted: August 26, 2014, 4:47 PM
I just wanted to add that over the years Ive been addicted to other drugs. Weed, meth, cocaine, xtcy. But I tell everyone now that synthetics are no joke I quit everything at one time but I've been tryimg to quit syn. For a long time its so hard.

Posted: August 27, 2014, 8:42 AM
day 2: so im on day two now the struggle is picking up the sickness is hitting me hard this morning but im staying strong even though its within 10 feet of me its maddening when its so close all i have to do is ask but im holding out i will stay strong atleast im trying. i have to quit this stuff is killing me......

*the survival kit has helped tremendously with sleeping and the sickness still is horrible.....but manageable*

This post has been edited by chrisrich1 on August 27, 2014, 8:43 AM
YnotZoidburg

Posted: August 27, 2014, 10:22 AM
How can you quit if you still have it within your reach? My first suggestion, throw away all bags, stash, pipes, lighters, throw it all out. I'm talking out out, go driving and toss it out the window down the highway out. Not the trash can in your house. Get it out of your possession. (Please make sure no cops see you do this lmao)

Day two hnh? Well at this point I would look at it in hours. Because this early in the detox it's moment to moment. Your next week is going to be really tough. But just stick it out. Try jogging for 15 minutes. It seems impossible, but you gotta keep your mind strong and exercising your body is good way to keep your mind strong. When you start running, or jogging, you'll get to about 2 mins and want to quit. Imagine this as your addiction/withdrawal. You can't quit. You can't stop. Tell your self to keep going. As you get better with forcing yourself to keep running, you will notice yourself getting stronger at listening to your mind and not giving into the physical cravings if the synthetics.

I don't know your situation, and each is different. I had vomiting and nausea for 6 days. That's a lot of suffering. I suggest getting maybe some pepto to help with that. As far as sustenance, keep pounding those waters. I mean like 100oz a day. A gallon and half. You need to keep your body hydrated. If you don't listen to anything I tell you. Keep. Yourself. Hydrated. Food is going to be difficult to take, I know. I suggest those chicken noodle Campbell's to-go cups. Stick it in the microwave for :45 and just sip the broth. Pedialite is good too, I didn't try it but as far as helping with the hydration and lack of food it's a good substitute. You can do it bro. You gotta find a hobby, don't do something you usually did while high because when you would smoke and do something you made it a ritual. You need to break that. I used to play GTAV and drive around in game, getting high. Now driving around the map I get cravings. So I don't play it anymore. I picked up my guitar again and started playing. I go outside and play with the dogs. I go into town and hit the sauna up. Just surf the web, reddit, 4chan, Facebook. The Anthony cumia radio show is 2 hours long. That's a good portion of the day! You just need to keep your mind busy. And physical activities help with that..

Most of all man, you can do it. Don't be a burn out. You can do better. Your life will take on so much more meaning when you get out of the woods. You'll breath easier. You won't feel groggy and tired all the time. Your pockets will have a little more money. And the. You can begin to heal whatever relationships need healing as well. Just take it slow, time is moving at the same pace as it always has. And keep the motivation alive. Don't go back.
YnotZoidburg

Posted: August 27, 2014, 10:42 AM

And wow, I just came across this article after I wrote this.

Clicky here

Scientists Discover Area of Brain Responsible for Exercise Motivation

So there you have it. Science to back up my advice for exercising. Good luck man

Posted: August 29, 2014, 10:55 PM
ok so ive made it through day three and four only bad thing is my brother set me off yesterday and i ended up hurting my self..... bad decision but i was so tired, and hungry i completely exploded.....but im hanging in and dont plan on relapsing im gonna make it through and yes its all around me ive been held up in my room for 4 days to stay away from it, ive cut anyone that does it off, i won't even speak to them. day 4 was not fun bruised eye from my explosion yesterday but im still sticking it out no more letting it get under my skin. i hope anyway. thanks to everyone for listening its nice to have some people that care enough to help someone they dont even know. my parents are there for me to so that helps just wish my brother and all his friends would go away with it all i cant even go outside right now because there all outside everyday...

Posted: August 29, 2014, 10:59 PM
the sickness is bad i aint gonna lie but the kit made it a lil better and yes even with it here im resisting it with all my willpower and trust my will power is strong. i used to be on a lot of drugs but i was able to quit them all cold turkey. so i will do the same, i think alot of what helped me was i started researching and looking for suppourt groups like this one and reading everyone's else story' really cemented it in my mind to quit. the want is wont is gone from my mind now i dont even crave it, i think with all the crap over smoking the last couple weeks helped wean me down and made it easier to just stop. ive thrown all my pipe's and paraphanalia away. i can't control what my brother does but i can control what i do.

i was able to eat a full meal today first thing i was able to stomach in four days. probably had a lot to do with why i exploded yesterday and yes it mentally stresses you out any loud noises raises my anxiety and stress.

This post has been edited by chrisrich1 on August 29, 2014, 11:02 PM

Posted: October 29, 2014, 1:15 AM
well since i was last here ive been completely clean, and on top of that my brother and a friend of mine have gotten clean it was amazing how wonderful it was just to make it and get past the addiction i feel 100 % better now, i feel like a new person i tell you anyone that is on the stuff stop and quit you only have the first week with the worst symptoms, cut yourself off from those that do it and wait it out somewhere you feel safe i literally segregated myself in my room for two weeks to get past the withdrawls. just know that you can do it and dont let temptation bring you down its possible if you put your mind to it. :) stay faithful once you start and youll find that life has more to offer than getting high everyday.

yours truly a sober
chris
Greg

Posted: December 25, 2014, 5:18 AM
Just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I would have posted under my username, but I forgot it, and the idiots who designed this site did not provide a "forgot username" link, only "forgot password". Anywho, great job on recovering. This is coming from a guy who has gone through this process 3 or more times now. It's horrible. I now know my limitations and will never go back. I'd just like to give you a little adivice on keeping clean......

EXERCISE. Personally, I did drugs to glaze over anxiety and depression. I would get clean, then think I was off the hook, do a little drugs again, then BAM!.....back on the synth. This time around I also got involved in a friend of mine's weight loss (and my own). We started a facebook group and have many people inspired to get off their asses and just workout and go be active and see the world. I'm now addicted to this lifestyle. I've never felt better and am in incredible shape (was 245 at one point!).

Anyway, if you aren't already, just go do it! Commit yourself to a new, healthy lifestyle. There is so much crap out there and it's easy to avoid if you commit to it.

Congratulations and good luck on keeping clean! You got this!

-Greg
post replypost new topic