post replypost new topic
Synth Newb

Posted: May 10, 2014, 10:54 PM
Hello there,
I'm so glad I found this MB. I saw the recovery guide to synths and I said to myself, "Thank goodness this is normal!!"

Background:

I'm a 41 yo male, father of two beautiful children, and a pretty successful IT consultant. I've always had issues with anxiety and depression and can remember self medicating with MJ since I was in my twenties. I had a motorcycle accident when I was 10, and I've never been exactly the same since. I got introduced to synthetics about 4 years ago, have quit twice and relapsed twice. I'm on my third time quitting and each time the symptoms get worse and worse. I figured it would be a good idea to find some support so I don't relapse again. After each time, when I'm fully recovered, I feel great and swear I'll never touch it again, but one disappointment or rejection later and I'm back off the wagon. It has ruined a marriage for me and lost a job. This is certainly not a cycle I want to keep repeating.

I guess what I'm looking for is advice to stay on the wagon. Obviously I have some internal issues to work out, and I'm devoting as much time as I can to that. Perhaps there is some dietary advice someone can give and additionally some spiritual direction, however I am atheist.

I would also like to lend a hand to help others......offer some advice. This is pure hell, I know. Don't get down on yourself because you fell victim to this addiction. It does not mean you are inferior or weak. It simply means you became a victim. People of all kinds....rich, poor, healthy, unhealthy can become victim to this terrible drug. You just have to understand that you are you. You're not that person on TV and you're not that homeless person you pass by on the street. You are you and nobody can take that away from you. Stop falling victim to the MSM and believing that you are only worthy if you look and act like people on TV.

Sorry for the tangent, but it's part of the self help stuff I"m doing right now to ease anxiety and depression, which I believe to be one of the main reasons many start taking drugs altogether. If I could sit and talk with each and every one of you, I'm sure it would help us both.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm smack dab in the middle of the 3 day nightmare and it's certainly no cake walk. I'm going to make it however, and so are you.

Be strong,
Terk
post replypost new topic