post replypost new topic
Are All Synthetic Weeds Bad ?

Posted: May 5, 2014, 6:45 PM
Hello there,

I've just discovered synthetic weed a week ago, and this forum is giving me the creepers...
However i'm not sure the stuff i'm using (dutch orange mix) is really in the same league as the posts I'm reading about here, in small doses at least so I'd like your advice.

Please allow me a rapid description of my history with drugs first :

I've done all sorts of drugs in the past, smoked weed for like 15 years, some marking LSD experiment, shrooms, some rare xtc and speed binges, some opiates.
Weed (well bad hashish really) I've had a tumultuous history with, mainly because I couldn't f***ing stop. Couldn't stop because of the fear of what I would do if I didn't have some. Invariably, after some time I had to spend some time without it and found it easy. (The first two days were hard because I was thinking about it all the time but after that no problem.)
Also I've always had a very complicated relation to hashish : I'm naturally an introvert, shy etc. Weed makes me cut myself from others even more that normal, and paranoid. I just want to zone on something and be left alone.
I liked that state of zoning, but hated how it cut me from others, and made me fear communication : a phone call would make me all panicky because I would have to behave and didn't know how to, etc... I've stopped numerous times, relapsed each time for months, or years.
Finally maybe 5 years ago I managed to get over it. Now I can smoke a few times a year, mostly during vacations and stop without fearing going back to normal. I somehow managed to convince myself that there is nothing to fear, and I actually enjoy functioning normally without having to fear to face reality.

So back to synthetic :
I ordered some dutch orange mix (long lasting) from a shop in the netherlands to try it, since hey why not, it's legal and all.
I've dosed the thing very carefully, just a very small pinch each time if I'm alone.
At this dosage it makes me high, but not overly so. It's very analogous to the hashish high but here's the thing : instead of cutting me from others, I seem to open up a bit, and I have a better feeling about how to drive my 2yo kid for example. It seems to clarify things just a bit to make me see things "the good way".
At the same time, I've noticed several strange things :
The first two days, me and my so both had some edgy comedowns
My so complains about her belly being stiff and aching, maybe this has nothing to do with it I don't know (smoking doesn't make it disappear.)
Most importantly, one day I smoked more and made a last joint before going to bed maybe 30 minutes after the previous one. Bad idea, I was all strange in bed like almost dreaming, but awake at the same time. I felt a bit of chest pain also but that might have been paranoid thoughts as I'm always fearing for my heart when i'm getting too high. Anyway I woke up to clear my mind and after a few minutes I began to feel my legs muscles contracting and relaxing mechanically. A few minutes later I was shaking like crazy from everywhere, I tried lying down but it was impossible I was like rebounding on the sofa. I finally took half a xanax and the shaking stopped after about 15 minutes.
I wrote that off to too much of it, since the effects seems to cumulate much more that weed.

I've ordered more a few days ago, ordered a vaporizer too and now I stumble on this forum.

I'm quite happy with the stuff as it is, if it doesn't goes all shakings on me any more that is.
I'd be sad to leave it because i feel it does me more good than harm, for once.

So I'd like your honest advice : do you know this mix ? do the effects I mention sound like the crack like stuff you guys talk about here ? Do you think in very small dosages it is still dangerous ?
Because psychological addiction is enough for me...

Thank you.

Posted: May 6, 2014, 6:48 AM
Sounds exactly what happened to me when I smoked (though I never smoked the specific blend specified here). It was good in small amounts but trust me sooner than later a little turns into alot. Now you might have a better constitution than I. But do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY. Find some other vice to take up your time you will save yourself, family, and friends a lot of heartache. Here is what I went through

http://www.addictionrecoveryguide.o...ST&f=14&t=74153

Anyways hope this was helpful....

Posted: May 10, 2014, 11:14 PM
I agree with last poster. Quit before it becomes a problem, because trust me.......it will. Your tolerance builds up quickly to this stuff and before you know it, you're smoking ungodly amounts to get that same high. This is where it starts taking a toll on your body, most importantly your liver. Trust me, this is nothing to be messed around with and it's all bad.

Good luck and stay clean,
Terk
post replypost new topic