post replypost new topic
I Just Want My Husband Back.

Posted: May 1, 2014, 11:34 PM
Hi everyone, I've always came to these sites and read y'all's posts but this is my first time posting myself. I just needed to know I wasn't alone in this. My husband has been smoking the fake pot for at least 8 months now and today is his first day of quitting. Our daughter is 10 months old and we've been married 10 months as well. It's so sad bc this should've been the happiest year of our lives but instead it's been the most stressful..for me at least. I watched my husband go from being a strong, smart, and attractive man to a dumbed down, slow, weaker man. He spends so much time smoking that he's actually missed out on his daughters life. Time he will never get back with her. I've watched him fall asleep while eating, slur his speech, eat until he is sick, not be able to have conversations with ppl who aren't high...and a number of other things. I didn't know this craps side effects were so severe. I truly lost the man I fell in love with. We've been together 5 years so I can't and won't give up on him. I know he loves me and our baby he's just lost, so lost. Well anyways today is day 1 on no smoking and he looks terrible. He's sweating, coughing, vomiting, won't eat, is freezing one minute then very hot the next, very irritable, and I've seen him almost give up and cave in twice by calling someone to smoke with him but I wouldn't let him. He's made it through the day and I just pray he'll get through this!

Posted: May 10, 2014, 11:03 PM
You poor thing, sweetie :(

First off, I admire your devotion to your marriage. That I believe will be the key to your success. I only wish my wife were as devoted, or we would still be together. I'm on day 3 myself, and I must tell you, seeing a story like yours only makes me want to succeed even more.

It's hard to watch, I know, but it's not as bad as it looks. If he can make it a week (which judging by the date of your thread, I hope he has made it), he'll be mostly back to normal.

To protect against relapse, see if you can identify the triggers. What does he fear? What leads him to smoke? It's time to get down, deep and serious. You guys are a couple. You should be able to talk about anything.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Terk
post replypost new topic