post replypost new topic
My Husband Is Addicted To Spice
KIS46913

Posted: November 24, 2013, 2:21 AM
My husband is addicted to synthetic marijuana (or Spice as it's known where I live), and I don't know what to do.

He's been smoking Spice for a while, long before we got married, and previously had been smoking marijuana (he stopped because he thought I had a problem with him smoking weed and that I would feel better if he switched to something legal). I, however, did not realize the extent of his addiction until three months into our marriage when I saw that he had spent $140 on Spice in two weeks, money we DID NOT have.

We've had multiple fights over his addiction. It's gotten to the point where I take his bank card at night (our area only sells Spice after 7pm), but I recently found out he's been taking my card out of my purse and using it. I've left him, I've threatened to divorce him, I've tried helping him wean himself down to a lesser amount.

He knows he has a problem, and he knows he needs to get help, but he doesn't know what to do. He doesn't have health insurance yet so therapy is out of the question. We looked into online support groups (specifically a 12-step program for marijuana) but he refuses to join because they're faith-based and he's staunchly nonreligious.

I'm looking on this forum trying to find help for my husband. This is not the man I fell in love with. This is not the man I married. I am at my wit's end. I do not know what to do. Please, any advice, any thoughts, anything, is much appreciated.

-KIS
post replypost new topic