post replypost new topic
Cat Abuse

Posted: May 20, 2013, 7:36 AM
I have been using CAT for the last ten years. I just want someone to please, please give me advise on how to STOP! I always thought myself to have this strong personality, I've always been labelled as a strong person. I have overcome so many other obsticles in my life. I have even overcome being raped, so why can't I be strong enough to overcome using CAT? I went to rehab a few years ago, yes in a way it did help, but I was in there with people I thought had a much bigger problem than I had, in fact I was the only CAT user there all the others were either addicted to alcohol or cocaine or perscription drugs. The thing is my biggest problem is I have always had decent jobs paying decent money and when I don't have money I'm fine not to use or want CAT, but the minute I know I have money or am getting money, it becomes like a demon inside my stomach! Then I cannot think of anything else but to go get a line. The demon won't let go of me until I have fed it! So my question to anybody out there that can help me please tell me why I can go weeks even months with being fine, but the minute I have money the craving starts. Will the medication I've seen on this site be able to help me with that?
BillyJac

Posted: May 28, 2013, 8:37 AM
I used CAT for more than two years, where after I lost my Job and almost lost my family. I have now been clean for more than 4 months and still going very strong, the NEED is gone the temptation is gone and the urge to phone the dealer as soon as payday comes is totally gone. I even receive calls from the dealer still and can actually tell him with ease that I dont need anything anymore. I know exactly the feeling you have, I guess a lot of other ex-users know what you are going through. The great news though is you can stop and it is possible. One of the hardest things for me was to give up all the "friends" I had that kept on using. I started introducing new people, new friends into my life and that is what actually made the difference in my life. I surrounded myself with people that knew my situation and that was willing to support and help me through it all. It is amazing what a difference it is to have that love and friendship to help you through it. I am more than willing to give you or any other person, that same support or friendship, that was given to me, to help you get through it. The people in your life really does determine whether you break the addiction or not, I believe.
maurice

Posted: July 23, 2014, 8:03 PM
Hey there! I need advice from someone who knows cat and used it before and stored! Well if been on and of cat for ten years now but I fell a year ago and spended over R750 thousand rand of my mother's money so at the end she and my whole family rejected and turned against me I even lost my wife for 3 month and I stopped using if got my wife and my dad back in my life but it's been too weeks now that I'm using again everyday my wife knows but will soon be fed up with me again and I'll loose her for good and she is pregnant and I don't have a job now so my dad support us in every way so if he finds out he will indeed stop paying our rent and withdraw total again so ill loose him too ill end up in a homeless shelter with no one and nothing I do not want to loose my wife, here where I'm typing if got a little bit of this devils powder left and with everything in me do not want to get more, but I already getting paranoid about this! I don't want to go to rehab or get medical help as I have to do this on my own, but how will I handle cravings and what withdrawl sim toms will follow and how should I handle them and how long will it last in the passed I always stopped in time but this time I'm scared and do not know what to do or what to expect and how to handle the withdrawal symptoms and cravings! So if you can help me with advice on this it will really help a lot and I hope someone gets this in time to help! Please email me at: mauriceclowes@yahoo.com please help me! Thank you
Amother

Posted: August 13, 2014, 7:39 AM
ulindim@gmail.com

Hi there,

My daughter is recovering addict, 1 week 3 days. Long time ago she used cocaine, in between she's done dagga and recently, a drug called CAT.

She had a break down and came out with all she's done. Now the person who got the stuff for her and used it with her, also a family member, is now making my daughter out as a liar and being crazy.

What can I say or do to get the other person to speak the truth? I believe my daughter. We've checked some of the facts which we've found to be true. Why would she lie anyway if she was already in trouble as it's now known that she's an addict???

d0n0v4n

Posted: October 19, 2014, 3:30 PM
Ive been for 3 years and now all of a sudden started feeling it killing my system the last 4 months every day its 500 rand and weekends it was r800 each day I went to church tonight and for the first time in a long time I feel better about myself ive been clean a week now and its difficult but I wil be strong and pull throu all the best to every one I know how it feels
post replypost new topic