Synthetic Weed
Jeffrey
Posted: July 17, 2013, 1:50 PM

Hi my name is Jeff I have been addicted to spice or synthetic weed for almost 5 years now I'm married with a 2 year old and I feel your pain last year my wife left me to go back to her parents because I just couldn't stop I am so addicted I even went and found a way to get high on our honeymoon I kept promising my wife I would quit always thinking I could hide it and the problem would eventually just go away on its own well today July 17 2013 I quit and it will be my first day sober in a really long time. I am going to quit cold turkey without seeing a doctor I feel so ashamed just last week I spent over 1000$ on this stuff called skyscraper if I don't quit now I fear I will never be able to shake this addiction please help I've also been discharged from the marines 4 years ago because of the stuff how much will you lose before its time to quit well I won't lose anymore its time to get my life back
Posted: July 17, 2013, 9:18 PM

Jeffrey

This first day will be awful. The temptation to go out and get more will confront you at every turn. Please....please focus on your two year old and wife and stick to your committment to get away from this awful drug. Your sleep wont be very good, and your appetite will be gone, but after a couple of days it will get better. Look at the beginners guide and you will see much that will help......keep reading , it will keep your mind off of going back and it will strenthen your resolve.

Man stands on the edge of the abyss and looks out into the outer darkness. It's in that moment that man finds his character....and that is what keeps him out of the abyss. - Wall Street
Allison
Posted: July 23, 2013, 12:52 AM

Today is moving day!!! Hoorayayayayayay!!!!!!! I'm so excited to have my own place for the first time ever I can't even sleep. I don't care that I have not a scrap of furniture (for the time being anyway) or that money is going to be painfully tight on minimum wage, or that I don't have a car, or that I'm a** deep in debt... I'm too busy being delirious. My OWN!! My OWN!! Oh my God, yay me!!
Posted: July 24, 2013, 7:41 AM

Allison

Good to hear you are out on your own. Too bad about the school. I did something I didnt think possible the other day, something I kind of saw coming - but still was taken by surprise.

The synthetic is illegal where I live, but I suspected a certain gas station of still selling it. I drive by this store at least 4 times a week, so it was only a matter of time before I stopped in and asked. What's really bad? The first time they said no. But I still asked again about a week later, only this time I was given a choice between two different brands. Apparantly this guy has never stopped selling it regardless of the potential trouble. I think he gets away with it because he is the ONLY one who handles it. After a while people who frequent the store realise this and only come in when he is working. But wouldn't this make him easy to catch?

Anyways, I would like to say that I just walked out of the store without buying anything......I would like to say that. I don't know what kind of compulsion came over me to even ask in the first place, but once it was in front of me again I just had to try it......to see? To see what? I dont know but about 20 minutes later I did one hit at the beginning of a 2 hour job......I could only work about 30 minutes though. One hit was too much! I was hesitant to even mention this experience , but for someone who is a novice or hasnt smoked this stuff before they have no idea what to expect. I actually had to lay down for a bit before I could work any more. It was so intense that I pinced out enough for about 4 hits and threw out the entire contents of the bag in a yard I was mowing so that I could do no more than just the little I kept......but why?

Almost 4 months away from the synthetic and yet I still tripped up when I came across some. I think my brief encounters with the marijuana just left me really disappointed. Never really could get any noticeable effect. It left me wanting more whether I knew it or not. It was one thing to think this was gone forever. But it isnt.....I'm back to square one in recovery. It's gone for now - but the confidence to stay away isnt as strong now that I know it is available. I am going to have to be resolved to give up smoking everything - legal, illegal, natural , synthetic it doesnt matter, it all leads to the same place.

mike
Posted: July 26, 2013, 10:29 AM

Been using synth for 3 years now. Up to a 10g bag a day. My credit cards are maxed. I have to quit! I am coughing non-stop, my voice is shot, I withdraw to my computer room and just smoke and smoke all night. I even wake up every couple hours to toke. I got told at work that I smelled like weed I covered for that pretty well. I don't smoke AT work anymore(well, I do in my truck as I drive between buildings) Synth is so horrible. Herbal crack is a term I've heard and it is so true. I started seeing a shrink and councilor. My councilor wants to send me to rehab but my job won't allow for me to be gone that long. Fortunately, I am a very high functioning addict when it comes to work and I've managed to calm any more suspicions. I don't even really care so much about myself but I need to quit for my kids. I earn a good living ($75k/yr) but with my vice, you'd think I made minimum wage. I've let everything go.
ConcernedMama
Posted: July 26, 2013, 1:02 PM

Hey Mike,

Welcome to the board - go check out the beginners' guide to help you quit this stuff - we have several people on here that have quit and are doing good.

You are right, it is just like herbal crack - so addictive - My son was addicted and now has stopped - we used the method in the beginners guide.

Please do it for yourself as well as your family. There are so many posts on this thread that offer insight into this crazy stuff.

Start today so you will be over the worst of it by Monday - keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

I'll be praying for you Mike.

CMama
mike
Posted: July 26, 2013, 10:18 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I panicked tonight after dinner when I ran out so I rushed off to the store to score. Unfortunately, the store here is 24/7. I don't think I've ever been there when there wasn't at least 2 people in front of me in line no matter the time. The feds even raided them a month ago and they got all their stuff back the next day. WTF??? I think I really need to take a 4 day weekend, away from home, to kick it. It doesn't help that my wife and I are both severe ADD cases, we have poor impulse control. She has refused to even try it despite my initial begging (before I knew how wicked it was) but she has her own monkey; Opiates. Lortab specifically.Even if they made it illegal I could still get it. Everything is for sale online. It is pretty sad that I could get syringes pre-loaded with heroin overnighted to my house. Once you know how to navigate those avenues, it makes giving up more difficult. I bought 500mg of pure JWH-018 and tried to smoke that, still didn't work as good as incense.

I quit smoking cigarettes after 15 years of smoking on my own.

I quit on my own after a 3 yr meth binge.

I have been able to even not drink beer for a week on a whim easier.

Sorry for the rambling.
DAC
Posted: July 28, 2013, 9:30 AM

mike

Keep trying. keep posting results. I've found you can learn from the mistakes as well as the successes. I have a similiar problem where I live. It should be unavailable , but there are still some stores selling it under the counter. This will probably always go on on some level. I thought that fed raid would stop the flow where I live - but it didnt. Just delayed it by a week or so. I find it hard to drive by that store without having the compulsion to stop and get gas......then go get something to drink....then.....You all know how the breakdown happens. When the will crumples, and good sense and reason fail to win out. Cant explain why....it will just happen....or happens. Many days when it happens I am resolved that such days are behind me. Only to find myself failing the first real test put in front of me. It has to do with wanting to quit. I think a small part of me is still resisting the notion that there is nothing positive about this drug. It has short term benefits...which will be crushed by continued use. It is good when it has been a while....but the tolerance builds very fast and in the end it will come down to all day smoking just to feel a little buzz. All of the bad parts of getting high .....none of the good parts!

So why do I have to constantly remind myself of this?

ashley
Posted: July 28, 2013, 7:54 PM

Hello all

I'm not an addict but my boyfriend whom I have been with for over 2 years is....it started to get really bad over the last year it so....I have left him a few times because he has cheated while smoking this stuff and I just couldn't take it anymore. I'm back living with him and he is still using I have tried everything I can do to make him see what this stuff is doing to him. He has a place he calls his man cave and he will sit back there for hours on end and just smoke he was spending 5-10 a day on this stuff now its up to almost 60 because the cheaper stuff doesn't get him as high. Just today he spent 45 on it already . He was smoking and completely tripps out. He didn't know who I was if were were together or if I even lived here and he told me that he was seeing things and yelling f you to invisible people. He told me to throw the stiff ourlt....which he has done before and then got mad at me when I did.....but this time I did throw it out and I took his money and made sure there wasn't anything left. I know he is going to have withdrawals I just was curious as to how long they will last? He is 30 and works out all the time...well not much lately cause of how much he is smoking but he is very healthy.... I copied your list of things to take for the certain symptoms but I'm just wondering if there is anything else I should do..... I have to work tomorrow but he doesn't should I stay home and try to help him fight this or is it something he needs to fight on his own?
Posted: July 29, 2013, 3:51 AM

Hey guys, I am 18, I smoke this stuff everyday and crave it when I dont have it. Tomorow im getting my last bag then quitting for good. Cold turkey.
Whats the best ways to get off this?
Events?
Social?
Entertainment?
Posted: July 29, 2013, 1:10 PM

to get away - read...write..talk with others. To stay away? A much toughter question that I am often exploring here in my ramblings. Putting the synthetic down for a few days, a week , even a month dont seem to be enough for me to put away my compulsion to 'reward' myself for good behavior. But the rewards, or setbacks , arent worth the compromise..

allison, tog, mermaid??

anyone still reading?
Posted: July 30, 2013, 7:44 AM

yeah, i'm still here DAC, just don't have the 'energy' to write.

I am reading though, I promise you.

tog.
Allison
Posted: July 30, 2013, 1:21 PM

Dac,

Have to run down to the public library for the time being to use the internet.. It'll be a few months before I can get it in my apartment.

I can't believe you found a place that is still selling. And also can't believe how strong the urges or cravings still are 4 months down the road. I have them all of the time, too. But there is no place anywhere in Kentucky that sells it, and even if there was I don't have a car. I live in a dry county even so I'm kind of locked into sobriety whether I want it or not. Most days I do, though. But yeah, definately still have cravings. Are we the new and improved version of meth heads?

I think I am happier than I have ever been in my life right now. I am living on my own and f***ing LOVE it! And I love being new in a new town; nobody knowing anything about you. Having a blank slate. It's nice! Kentucky is definately growing on me.
Posted: July 31, 2013, 9:57 AM

allison

It sounds like you are in a good place in where you are at. Kentucky can be good for its lack of temptations - just stay away from the cities. I did the internet at the library thing last year during my 3 month estrangement with at & t. Sometimes I think it makes you write better when you are in the library and people are walking by - makes you focus more.

I cant believe I not only stumbled across the synthetic the way I did, but I actually got some. It's like I have a knack for following up on things and getting info. Now I know I will have the temptation again . It was so much better when it was just unavailable. Now I wonder if it will ever go away? When it was un-attainable it took on an elevated status. Then when I found this 'hard to get' incense once again locally it made it irrisistable to at least try.

I made one more slip following my intial one. It only lasted a couple of days , and I had to throw out what was left....but WTF??

I will mention that in the beginning even one hit was almost too much. After a couple days of all day smoking it was taking 5-6 hits to just feel a little. The tolerance grew really fast and now it doesnt have the appeal it did before my slip. I wish I hadnt slipped and ruined my progress. Now I feel the same way I did when I first started writing here. Ready to celebrate a few days , or even a week! The week is no problem...it's the 3-4 months away and still not feeling normal that I continue to struggle with. I seem to know that everyday smoking is not something I can do when working. But these occasional binges?? They can be limited , but they need to be eliminated in order to completely get better.

So back to square one...

baby steps....

This post has been edited by DAC on July 31, 2013, 9:58 AM
Posted: July 31, 2013, 10:19 AM

Jeffrey , mike , ashley & getclean

Did your attempts work or fail? Let us know how you are doing.
lordhelpus
Posted: August 4, 2013, 12:16 AM

Hello people who wish to no longer be dependent on this sick synthetic stuff I been smokeing for about.two years its really f***ed me up physically mentally I dont.want to go a day with out it I get angry fast when I dont have it then wen I do its gone so quick
lordhelpus
Posted: August 4, 2013, 12:27 AM

My whole life is upsidedown because I tried this stuff I was a sophmore or junior wen first tried it with a friend.amazing I thought wat a stress reliving drug but once it.was gone it seemed it was all I wanted to do its been about three to four days since last I smoked well theres no need to lie I got.high today just once but I only had a gram n it was like three days ago so I smoked today im living with someone who smokes it n there stingy so I never get any im reduced to scraping pipes n stealing.roachs from them its.a house of horrors here most of my household is hooked n I know its killing all of us n were paying it to fuked up u know how it is
lordhelpus
Posted: August 4, 2013, 12:30 AM

I turned 19 on the 27 of this past month I smoked a g but im in a new place were I have no connections but still I damn nearly cry for the s*** sorry people u have the same problems I dont.want to add to yalls stress but god bless yall n may he help us get this devil off our backs cuz this addictions a killer
lordhelpus
Posted: August 4, 2013, 12:41 AM

I fell so alone even wen surrounded by the people I love I push everyone away I live in my.head I have become socially awkward I dont even want a girl friend I still need to break my.addictions look wen I need someone to tell me to keep on theres no one here in life an this addiction website its 12 36 thats prolly y hope ur all asleep n u dont wake up once thinking about smokeing ive read every paragraph on this page n u all r gonna help me quit sad fact I got my lil bro on this now hes like me lord forgive me for opening this box of unholly s***.on my family plz help us get through the day an enjoy our family life ends suddenly so I cant be worried about this s*** an wat I have done.to my family
lordhelpus
Posted: August 4, 2013, 12:47 AM

Goodbye wish everyone the best wish I could make the pain n hurt go away but I cant watever reason u want to get sober n not die think about that plz remember y u want to quit may god help us who have been affected by these stupid synthetic drugs
  top of page  Top