post replypost new topic
Masochist Addiction
Kurisutina Edogawa

Posted: February 5, 2015, 5:54 PM
Hello, and thank you for reading my post. I will tell you my story.

Ever since I could remember, I have had this... Mental Disorder? It wasn't until recently did I know what it was. Masochisism, it seems beneath me, but that might just be it. Masochisim is about inflicting pain on yourself and enjoyinv it. Some people say that masochism is because someone does it to make themselves feel like they are less important than they are.

The earlist I can remember this is when I was 6-7. I would use belts to bind myself, and I would do what they call 'role-playing'. At first I was very careful about it, and would only do it in my closet. Also, I never told anyone about it, not even my twin sibling for the longest time. This continued for about 4 years. Eventually, I told my sibling about it. They were not shocked, in tge least, after all, they admitted to having the same problem for about just as long.

For the next 2 years I have tried to stop; it's like I still don't have moral's but I mostly ignore them. When I turned 12, 2 years ago, my addict got worse, or in my opinion, evolved. My role-playing character swapped genders so that it is the opposite of mine. Also my characters age jumped from 10 to 16. Also my interests have changed, to more sexual interests.

At the age of 13, I, no i should say, we, told our parents about it. They didn't seem to think much of it. However my dad said, we should try to stop, for obvious reasons. I have tried to stop before, however. Today, at the age of 14, i stil have this addiction, and I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon.

So that leaves me in my current situation. I want help, but I don't know what to do. Do I even tell my sibling, I want help? So here I am leaving this post. Say whatever you think I need to know or do. Please, I need help.

***Please do not post personal contact information***

- the moderators

This post has been edited by moderator on February 6, 2015, 9:13 AM

Posted: April 4, 2015, 3:55 PM
I'm sorry and not sure why no one reached out to help you.

I don't think your addiction is anything to be ashamed of nor all that unknown but if you are uncomfortable with it then I would contact a therapist or counselor trained in that area to talk to about it. Odd, your parents weren't freaked out, that's cool actually, especially given your young age.

Talk to your twin and while individual counseling may be the best thing at first maybe you could talk to a counselor together, you are twins after all.

good luck!

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]
post replypost new topic