PRIVACY
|
RECOMMEND A RESOURCE
|
HOME

Crossdressing Addiction
shaun
Posted: January 6, 2013, 12:11 PM

my name is shaun and im a crossdressing addict. i want to get away from doing it because im in recovery and i know its just another way for me to try to change how i feel about myself on the inside by changing the way i look on the outside. i need help and support with this. i want to stop. i cant seem to let go. please any advice and support would be most appreciated.
Posted: January 8, 2013, 12:46 AM

im so sorry sweety.if this is what makes you happy,and it feels rite,than its ok.but if you feel not so good with this.than seek help.ok.someone who cares.poopie

--------------------
just remember we are here to hold your hand..
Allison
Posted: April 26, 2013, 11:54 PM

Hi Shaun,

I just posted this message on another page, I hope you forgive me for just copying and pasting but it applies here, too, I think.

What are your beliefs or attitudes about the idea of God? I myself never appreciated the bible thumping "Jesus loves you but knock it off" crap and therefore ended up searching everywhere else for answers because I didn't want to be condemned for something I couldn't control. It wasn't until all other measures failed that I relented and sought after honest truth on my own directly from the source Himself that things turned around. And I'm not just talking addictions. Deep, dark things I have never told anyone else but Him about.

You mentioned how dirty and ashamed you feel because of it, and I can definitely relate to that.

There is a story in the gospels of a man who sought Jesus out, I believe he was a leper, and fell down on his knees and said, "Lord if you are willing, you can make me clean." And Jesus told him, "I am willing. Be clean." He wasn't telling him to go get clean, he was commanding His will into reality, and immediately this man's "uncleanness" left Him.

I can tell you from personal experience, I wasn't raised in some churchy environment by any means, He is willing. But it takes someone seeking Him out with every fiber of their being.

Anyway, I hope this isn't out of place and I hope no one feels like I'm swooping in like a vulture trying to rack up tally marks for a trip to heaven or something. That truly is not my intention. And most if not all 12 step/recovery groups will suggest you at least be open to a higher power's existence and willingness to assist you. This is the only thing that worked for me. I don't feel like I'm just resisting or suppressing urges all of the time, just trying to white-knuckle it to the finish line. I truly am free.

I sincerely hope you find some peace. I know it isn't fun to be tormented by these things. Best wishes.

Allison
samantha2424
Posted: May 28, 2013, 12:35 PM

Why do you want to change that part of you cross dressing there is nothing wrong with that you are not hurting anyone and it isn't illegal so why do you want to stop if you enjoy it? If it's because what other people think then get new friends who will except you as anyone who is nasty to you because you like to cross dress is not worth knowing if you are worried about what people may think of you don't be it's a different day and age now look at all them famous cross dressers there are why don't you go to some different gay clubs where there will be other cross dressers and have a laugh why not you only live once and there are worse things you could be doing trust me!
  top of page  Top