post replypost new topic
Gaming Addiction
AnonymousGamer

Posted: June 3, 2012, 1:29 AM
Hi,

How do I start, I guest as all people would let me tell you my vices.

I am addicted to gaming, computer gaming, online games, Simulators including the SIMS or other. Any game that can take me out of my reality. I miss work because of long hours of expanding my avatar's status. hoping in some way that I am actually helping myself where that's not true at all.

I've been gaming for over 28 years now since I was a little kids. I probably didn't start noticing that I had an addiction until I started asking my friends who had computers and game systems if I could stay over, and when they had gone to bed at 9pm I would be back up playing what ever they had until 5 or 6 in the morning.

On my first job as a computer tech I learned about MMORPG(Massive Multi-Player Online Roll Playing Games) Thus the epic struggle of the real me and the digital me began. I have always been grounded enough to to put my 8 to 12 hours a day in at work, and use the rest to game leaving me 4 hours of sleep of less until I get to a point of calling out to catch up on sleep(not really sleeping but gaming) until 3 days later I still haven't been to work and lost in a game that gives me nothing but want/need to expand to move forward to be the best I can be.

I know it sounds odd that someone can get so immersed into a game that they loose them self but I've tried to stop, I've erased my computer. I sold a laptop I bought for 600 dollars, to only 5 months later sell for 100 dollars just to get it out of my life, giving all my games away, including even burning or breaking the CD's.

I feel stuck, lost in a real world that doesn't want me, that I can't give myself a certain perk that gives me intelligence that helps me be a better person. I'm a writer, and I've had writers block ever since I started back gaming. I'm probably going to loose my job after it's peek season is over, leaving me jobless, maybe homeless(but would that be a bad thing really, to not have a home means I don't have a plug in, a place to put my computer, a place to store my games).

I don't know what to do, to keep myself from gaming. Other then to get rid of my computer, my tool of choice for writing (bad grammar, spelling and all). That intelligence perk keeps sounding like a good thing.

I don't even know where to start.

Respectfully,

Anonymous Gamer
post replypost new topic