post replypost new topic
Top 5 Higher Powers Used In 12 Step Recovery
InRecovery

Posted: January 19, 2013, 3:08 AM

I've been sober for 10 years, and I (like so many) really struggled for a long time with the concept of a Higher Power. Writing is the backbone of my recovery, which doesn't mean I'm any good. I just like it. But writing has helped me articulate and process my thoughts throughout my struggles with a Higher Power, for my own personal understanding. Over the past few years, I've become passionate about the philosophy behind Higher Powers. I'm by no means a expert, rather I just like to write. And I have bottled-up thoughts which are MUCH better off (for me) being shared as opposed to brewing in the mental pressure-cooker in my head. For me, coming to a personal understanding of a Higher Power has been a journey I wouldn't change for the world. But it's an ongoing process. I thought this would be a good place to share a small part of my journey with anyone interested. Attached is a link to a list of the top 5 Higher Powers used in 12 Step recovery (in my experience) that I made as a source of inspiration and understanding - for mostly myself. Although it helps me much more than any one else, the goal is to help at least one other person in the process, which is the circle of life in recovery. For me, reaching out to others is how recovery begins. I'm not even sure any one will receive this, but if anyone does, thanks for helping me stay sober. List of top 5 Higher Powers

Posted: February 17, 2013, 3:47 AM
Touching.....kinda gave me the willies just reading it. Really just wanted to know..or hear it from someone else. There's certain things i don't know how to share, things that if I were wrong I wouldn't want anyboby else to make the same mistake.
And my cursor slid upon the link posted, I pause and thought...well why wouldn't he just spell it out right here, why would he want me to go to another site?
I don't need to know.

Regards,
Larrylive

--------------------
All gods send their drunks to AA

My story.. https://www.addictionrecoveryguide.o...ST&f=16&t=63644
post replypost new topic