post replypost new topic
Guess It's The Clinic For A While

Posted: October 2, 2011, 5:30 PM
Hello everyone. Im new to this site and this is my 1st post. I was recently let go from a pain mang office cause of weed in my urine. I have Lupus and suffer from a disease that effects my kidneys because of it. lupus nephritis. Anyways, I've been on methadone for 7 years. I have been in and out of our hometown clinic 3 or 4 tomes in the past. i got in a pain clinic after getting clean and staying clean for 2 years. I started chemo for Lupus treatment and thats when i started back smoking the weed. I know i screwed myself, bigtime by doing that. The worst part, oh im so ashamed., I started back again regularly smoking after I got booted from pain mang. I didn't know that my kidneys were in the shape that they are when i was let go. I would have tried to exleast talk to my dr about my situation with my kidneys. My rummy told me thats why I had weed in me after not smoking for so long. My kidneys weren't flushing the toxins. I feel so dang stupid. And I should. This time, no more excuses. I've got to get through these treatments without any dances with maryjane. So, now it's off to the clinic this Wednesday. i talked to the director of our clinic where I live and she gave me the 411 on everything to do.If anyone would know the usual starting dose, for a new patient, it would be greatly appreciated. I live in N.C and they usually start you out at about 30 mgs. I'll see the dr that day for an exam. I guess thats a good thing, I hope so anyways. This clinic where im gonna go, is a great place to get help. It has been for me anyway. it changed my life, or exleast introduced me to some life changing ways of life.

Posted: October 2, 2011, 6:11 PM
You might do better to post this on either the Heroin board where we have a couple of MM experts, or the Pain Pills board where some have used methadone to taper off pills.

Good luck! ~:~MomNMore~:~

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: October 10, 2011, 7:19 PM
hello,Guitargirl1, I'm Granny. I post more on the heroin site,probably where you should post as well ,as was suggested. I have been on Methadone Maintenance for many years and it saved my life too.
In my experience I am in Calif.,they ask you about your heroin use,how much every day, etc. and decide how much methadone you need according to that amount. That, is usually 30 -40 mgs to start. They will adjust your dose over the upcoming weeks/months until you find a dose that is perfect for YOU.( Now dont go telling them you did 10 grams a day,so you get more methadone. LOL) Ideally you want to be at a dose that "holds" you, meaning you want enough to keep you from craving heroin but not so much you cant do anything but sleep.
I think you said you have been on it before,with good success, so go for it again, work the program,follow the rules and live a life free from heroin addiction.It sounds like you have a great clinic with great people in it.You are lucky. There are some really bad clinics with bad people running them that have NO business dealing with anyone. I live a very busy and full life. I'm running all day,gardening,housework, & volunteering my time as an advocate at my clinic . I am able to live this life because of methadone. There are those who advocate using methadone as a stepping stone towards being totally drug free,and there are those of us who choose to stay on it for an undeterminate time. it is all a very personal choice. And the choice is yours.

Hope that was helpful. There are some really fantastic people that come to this site that will give you straight up, good,honest information. We've all been there and are doin' that and more. Good luck to ya!!

Granny

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]
post replypost new topic