post replypost new topic
New Here, Hi All

Posted: August 3, 2011, 11:55 PM
Hello all,

This website was sent to me by a dear friend. I have a son who has problems so I'm hoping I can find some advice here regarding how to cope with this.

I have no experience at all with addictions so I have much to learn.

Thank you for this website.

Posted: August 4, 2011, 12:57 AM
Hi Sea Shell, Welcome to the board. The family section sounds like its where you need to start. So many good and helpful folks there. I am from the heroin board mostly and not much help in the family member deptartment but the right folks will be along soon, if your in Europe those across the pond are not awake yet, but come to think of it; there are a few family members out here with us...i will post over there so they know your here.

constantine

This post has been edited by constantine on August 4, 2011, 1:01 AM

Posted: August 4, 2011, 3:07 AM
Dear Seashell

Welcome please stay on these sites you will find alot of support, I have only been here about 2 months and I have learned so much.

The best sites to get advice for your son is the following one's:
Families/Partner of Addicts:
- My son the proverbial addict
Let me fall all by myself
My son is at a cross road
How long can I still Help my son with out giving up

and on the Heroin site:
No hope for Herion addicts true/or false. (AND IT WILL HELP EVEN IF YOU SON ARE ONLY ON LIGHT DRUGS LIKE WEED ETC.)

On these sites you will find a lot of advise because there is so many different stories:
Son's that has just started drugs
Son's like mine that is in the middle
and Son's that has gone far into it already.

and each mom's story speak of courage and advise on how to deal with it

Hope you find what you looking for

God bless
Priscilla

Brynda

Posted: August 4, 2011, 6:12 AM
Welcome Sea Shells.

Like our two wonderful members already have said you will find support and care here.

Please know I am sorry you have to be here under such terms, but knowledge is power. Please know there is always hope.

Posted: August 4, 2011, 9:04 AM
Hey Seashells, welcome. Come on over to the much-touted Family board...much to read and learn. Read, read, read...it's a good start and might make you feel less alone. I bumped up some good stuff for you...

Peace ~ MomNMore

This post has been edited by MomNMore on August 4, 2011, 10:27 AM

--------------------
You will not change what you are willing to tolerate.

user posted image

Posted: September 3, 2011, 2:03 PM
good morning Seashells,
my advice to you is to go to an al-anon meeting . you will find family members there who are going through the same things that you are.They can give you a little insight of what goes on in the daily lives of parents ect..that have children or other family members who are addicted. If you don't "feel at home"with the first group after a few meetings,don't give up.Go to another one until you find the one that makes you feel like you belong.The first meetings you might want to just sit and listen,but you will find support in those rooms.
granny2 3

--------------------
I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH LOVE MY HEART COULD HOLD UNTIL SOMEONE CALLED ME GRANDMA.

STOP AND LISTEN TO THE BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES. WHEN THE BIRDS ARE SINGING EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS OK.[FONT=Courier][FONT=Arial]
post replypost new topic